Dr Genevieve LeBaron - Full List of Publications
- Journal articles
- Conference proceedings papers
- Scholarly editions
- Book reviews
- Quirk J, Behbahani L, LeBaron G, Lichtenstein A, O'Connell Davidson J, Farris S, Allina E, Stewart J, Major A, Schmidt N , Pliley J et al (2016) On History. London: openDemocracy.
- Dauvergne P & LeBaron G (2014) Protest Inc. The Corporatization of Activism. John Wiley & Sons.
- Fransen L & LeBaron G (2018) Big audit firms as regulatory intermediaries in transnational labor governance. Regulation and Governance. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G & Phillips N (2018) States and the Political Economy of Unfree Labour. New Political Economy. View this article in WRRO
- Lebaron G & Rühmkorf A (2017) The domestic politics of corporate accountability legislation: struggles over the 2015 UK Modern Slavery Act. Socio-Economic Review. View this article in WRRO
- Crane A, LeBaron G, Allain J & Behbahani L (2017) Governance gaps in eradicating forced labor: From global to domestic supply chains. Regulation and Governance. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G & Rühmkorf A (2017) Steering CSR Through Home State Regulation: A Comparison of the Impact of the UK Bribery Act and Modern Slavery Act on Global Supply Chain Governance. Global Policy, 8(S3), 15-28. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G, Lister J & Dauvergne P (2017) Governing Global Supply Chain Sustainability through the Ethical Audit Regime. Globalizations, 14(6), 958-975. View this article in WRRO
- LEBARON GENEVIEVE & LISTER JANE (2015) Benchmarking global supply chains: the power of the ‘ethical audit’ regime. Review of International Studies, 41(05), 905-924. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G (2015) Unfree Labour Beyond Binaries. International Feminist Journal of Politics, 17(1), 1-19.
- LeBaron G (2014) Reconceptualizing Debt Bondage: Debt as a Class-Based Form of Labor Discipline. Critical Sociology, 40(5), 763-780.
- LeBaron G (2014) Subcontracting is Not Illegal, but is it Unethical? Business Ethics, Forced Labour, and Economic Success. Brown Journal of World Affairs, 20(2), 237-242.
- Lister J, Lebaron G & Dauvergne P (2013) A patch of green. Alternatives Journal, 39(1), 28-31.
- Dauvergne P & LeBaron G (2013) The Social Cost of Environmental Solutions. New Political Economy, 18(3), 1-21.
- Lebaron G & Ayers AJ (2013) The Rise of a ‘New Slavery’? Understanding African unfree labour through neoliberalism. Third World Quarterly, 34(5), 873-892.
- LeBaron G (2012) Gender Inequalities, Households, and the Production of Well-Being in Modern Europe. Feminist Economics, 1-4.
- LeBaron G (2012) RETHINKING PRISON LABOR: SOCIAL DISCIPLINE AND THE STATE IN HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE. WorkingUSA, 15(3), 327-351.
- LeBaron G (2012) Making Feminist Politics: Transnational Alliances between Women and Labor. By FranzwaySuzanne and FonowMary Margaret. Urbana: University of Illinois Press. 2011. 192 pp. $25.00.. Politics & Gender, 8(1), 145-147.
- LeBaron G & Roberts A (2012) Confining Social Insecurity: Neoliberalism and the Rise of the 21st Century Debtors' Prison. Politics & Gender, 8(1), 25-49.
- LeBaron G (2010) The political economy of the household: Neoliberal restructuring, enclosures, and daily life. Review of International Political Economy, 17(5), 889-912.
- LeBaron G & Roberts A (2010) Towards a Feminist Political Economy of Capitalism and Carcerality. Signs, 1(36), 19-44.
- LeBaron G (2008) Captive labour and the free market: Prisoners and production in the USA. Capital & Class, 32(2), 59-81.
- LeBaron G (2018) Women and unfree labour in the global political economy, Handbook on the International Political Economy of Gender (pp. 353-364).
- LeBaron G (2018) Prison Labour, Slavery, and the State, Revisiting Slavery and Antislavery (pp. 151-177).
- LeBaron G (2017) The Coming and Current Crisis of Indecent Work, The Coming Crisis (pp. 43-51).
- Phillips N, Taylor M, Strauss K, Ferguson S, McNally D, LeBaron G, Rioux S, Mezzadri A, Richardson B, Selwyn B , Mieres F et al (2016) Forced Labour in the Global Economy In LeBaron G (Ed.) London: openDemocracy.
- LeBaron G (2016) Slavery, Human Trafficking, and Forced Labour: Implications for International Development, The Palgrave Handbook of International Development (pp. 381-398).
- () The Politics of Private Transnational Governance by Contract Routledge
Conference proceedings papers
- Crane A, LeBaron G, Phung K, Behbahani L & Allain J (2018) Innovations in the Business Models of Modern Slavery: The Dark Side of Business Model Innovation. Academy of Management Proceedings, Vol. 2018(1) (pp 13381)
- LeBaron G, Howard N, Thibos C & Kyristis P (2018) Confronting root causes: forced labour in global supply chains View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G & Lister J (2016) Ethical Audits and the Supply Chains of Global Corporations View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G, Allain J, Crane A & Behbahani L (2013) Forced Labour's Business Models and Supply Chains
- Ferguson S, LeBaron G, Dimitrakaki A & Farris SR (2016) Introduction.
- Le Baron G (2018) Offshore: exploring the worlds of global outsourcing. International Affairs, 94(5), 1185-1186.
- LeBaron G (2015) Hazard or Hardship: Crafting Global Norms on the Rights to Refuse Unsafe Work. By Hilgert Jeffrey . Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2013. 224p. $45.00.. Perspectives on Politics, 13(4), 1211-1212.