Dr Genevieve LeBaron - Full List of Publications
- Journal articles
- Conference proceedings papers
- Scholarly editions
- Book reviews
- Quirk J, Behbahani L, LeBaron G, Lichtenstein A, O'Connell Davidson J, Farris S, Allina E, Stewart J, Major A, Schmidt N, Pliley J, Soderlund G, Martinez S, Moussa Iye A, Rossi B, Bellagamba A & Bravo K (2016) On History. London: openDemocracy.
- Dauvergne P & LeBaron G (2014) Protest Inc. The Corporatization of Activism. John Wiley & Sons.
- Fransen L & LeBaron G (2018) Big audit firms as regulatory intermediaries in transnational labor governance. Regulation and Governance. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G & Phillips N (2018) States and the Political Economy of Unfree Labour. New Political Economy. View this article in WRRO
- Lebaron G & Rühmkorf A (2017) The domestic politics of corporate accountability legislation: struggles over the 2015 UK Modern Slavery Act. Socio-Economic Review. View this article in WRRO
- Crane A, LeBaron G, Allain J & Behbahani L (2017) Governance gaps in eradicating forced labor: From global to domestic supply chains. Regulation and Governance. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G & Rühmkorf A (2017) Steering CSR Through Home State Regulation: A Comparison of the Impact of the UK Bribery Act and Modern Slavery Act on Global Supply Chain Governance. Global Policy, 8(S3), 15-28. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G, Lister J & Dauvergne P (2017) Governing Global Supply Chain Sustainability through the Ethical Audit Regime. Globalizations, 14(6), 958-975. View this article in WRRO
- LEBARON G & LISTER J (2015) Benchmarking global supply chains: the power of the ‘ethical audit’ regime. Review of International Studies, 41(05), 905-924. View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G (2015) Unfree Labour Beyond Binaries. International Feminist Journal of Politics, 17(1), 1-19.
- LeBaron G (2014) Reconceptualizing Debt Bondage: Debt as a Class-Based Form of Labor Discipline. Critical Sociology, 40(5), 763-780.
- LeBaron G (2014) Subcontracting is Not Illegal, but is it Unethical? Business Ethics, Forced Labour, and Economic Success. Brown Journal of World Affairs, 20(2), 237-242.
- Lister J, Lebaron G & Dauvergne P (2013) A patch of green. Alternatives Journal, 39(1), 28-31.
- Dauvergne P & LeBaron G (2013) The Social Cost of Environmental Solutions. New Political Economy, 18(3), 410-430.
- Lebaron G & Ayers AJ (2013) The Rise of a ‘New Slavery’? Understanding African unfree labour through neoliberalism. Third World Quarterly, 34(5), 873-892.
- LeBaron G (2012) Gender Inequalities, Households, and the Production of Well-Being in Modern Europe. Feminist Economics, 1-4.
- LeBaron G (2012) RETHINKING PRISON LABOR: SOCIAL DISCIPLINE AND THE STATE IN HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE. WorkingUSA, 15(3), 327-351.
- LeBaron G (2012) Making Feminist Politics: Transnational Alliances between Women and Labor. POLITICS & GENDER, 8(1), 145-147.
- LeBaron G & Roberts A (2012) Confining Social Insecurity: Neoliberalism and the Rise of the 21st Century Debtors' Prison. Politics & Gender, 8(01), 25-49.
- LeBaron G (2010) The political economy of the household: Neoliberal restructuring, enclosures, and daily life. Review of International Political Economy, 17(5), 889-912.
- LeBaron G & Roberts A (2010) Towards a Feminist Political Economy of Capitalism and Carcerality. Signs, 1(36), 19-44.
- LeBaron G (2008) Captive labour and the free market: Prisoners and production in the USA. Capital & Class, 32(2), 59-81.
- (2018) Women and unfree labour in the global political economy, Handbook on the International Political Economy of Gender (pp. 353-364).
- (2017) The new gatekeeper: Ethical audits as a mechanism of global value chain governance, The Politics of Private Transnational Governance by Contract (pp. 97-114).
- Phillips N, Taylor M, Strauss K, Ferguson S, McNally D, LeBaron G, Rioux S, Mezzadri A, Richardson B, Selwyn B, Mieres F, McGrath S, Ruhmkorf A, Barry C, MacDonald K, Broome A, Lerche J, Wilshaw R & Howard N (2016) Forced Labour in the Global Economy In LeBaron G (Ed.) London: openDemocracy.
- (2016) Slavery, human trafficking, and forced labour: Implications for international development, The Palgrave Handbook of International Development (pp. 381-398).
Conference proceedings papers
- Crane A, LeBaron G, Phung K, Behbahani L & Allain J (2018) Innovations in the Business Models of Modern Slavery: The Dark Side of Business Model Innovation. Academy of Management Proceedings, Vol. 2018(1) (pp 13381-13381)
- LeBaron G, Howard N, Thibos C & Kyristis P (2018) Confronting root causes: forced labour in global supply chains View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G & Lister J (2016) Ethical Audits and the Supply Chains of Global Corporations View this article in WRRO
- LeBaron G, Allain J, Crane A & Behbahani L (2013) Forced Labour's Business Models and Supply Chains
- LeBaron G, Ferguson S, Farris SR & Dimitrakaki A (2016) Introduction.
- LeBaron G (2018) Offshore: exploring the worlds of global outsourcing. INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS, 94(5), 1185-1186.
- LeBaron G (2015) Hazard or Hardship: Crafting Global Norms on the Rights to Refuse Unsafe Work. PERSPECTIVES ON POLITICS, 13(4), 1211-1212.