Professor Graham Harrison - Full List of Publications
- Harrison G (2013) The African Presence. Manchester: Manchester Univiversity Press.
- Harrison G (2010) Neoliberal Africa: The Impact of Global Social Engineering. Zed Books.
- Harrison G (2004) The world bank and Africa: The construction of governance states.
- Harrison G (2002) Issues in the Contemporary Politics of Sub-Saharan Africa The Dynamics of Struggle and Resistance. Springer.
- Harrison G (2000) The Politics of Democratisation in Rural Mozambique Grassroots Governance in Mecúfi. Edwin Mellen Press.
- Harrison G (2017) Rwanda and the Difficult Business of Capitalist Development. Development and Change, 48(5), 873-898. View this article in WRRO
- Harrison G (2016) Onwards and Sidewards? The Curious Case of the Responsibility to Protect and Mass Violence in Africa. Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding, 10(2), 143-161.
- Harrison G (2016) Rwanda: an agrarian developmental state?. Third World Quarterly, 37(2), 354-370.
- Bush R & Harrison G (2014) New African development?. Review of African Political Economy, 41(sup1), S1-S6.
- Harrison G (2012) Introduction: After Orthodoxy: Governance and Development in Africa. New Political Economy, 17(5), 657-658.
- Harrison G (2012) Images and representations of Africa: old, new and beyond. REVIEW OF AFRICAN POLITICAL ECONOMY, 39(131), 142-147.
- Harrison G (2012) Campaign Africa: Exploring the Representation of Africa and Its Role in British Identity. British Journal of Politics and International Relations.
- Harrison G (2010) The Africanization of poverty: A retrospective on 'Make poverty history'. AFR AFFAIRS, 109(436), 391-408.
- Harrison G (2009) Africa and the North: between globalization and marginalization. J MOD AFR STUD, 47(2), 322-324.
- Harrison G (2009) Do Bicycles Equal Development in Mozambique?. COMMONWEALTH & COMPARATIVE POLITICS, 47(3), 335-337.
- Harrison G & Cline-Cole R (2009) Global crisis, African governance and a sense of déjà vu. Review of African Political Economy, 36(119), 1-7.
- Harrison G (2008) From the global to the local? Governance and development at the local level: reflections from Tanzania. J MOD AFR STUD, 46(2), 169-189.
- Harrison G (2007) Africa and IMF conditionality: the unevenness of compliance. J MOD AFR STUD, 45(3), 481-482.
- Harrison G (2006) Peasantries, globalisation and capitalism. NEW POLIT ECON, 11(3), 383-385.
- Harrison G (2006) The politics of transition in Africa. J MOD AFR STUD, 44(1), 166-167.
- Harrison G (2005) Economic faith, social project and a misreading of African society: the travails of neoliberalism in Africa. THIRD WORLD Q, 26(8), 1303-1320.
- Harrison G (2005) Politics in the developing world: A concise introduction.. DEV CHANGE, 36(3), 592-593.
- Harrison G (2005) The new development politics: The age of empire building and new social movements.. DEV CHANGE, 36(3), 592-593.
- Harrison G (2005) The World Bank, governance and theories of political action in Africa. British Journal of Politics and International Relations, 7(2), 240-260.
- Harrison G (2004) Why economic globalization is not enough. DEV CHANGE, 35(5), 1037-1047.
- Harrison G (2004) Introduction: Globalisation, governance and development. NEW POLIT ECON, 9(2), 155-162.
- Bracking S & Harrison G (2004) Africa: Imperialism goes naked. Monthly Review, 56(6), 12-18.
- Bracking S & Harrison G (2003) Africa: Imperialism goes naked. MON REV, 55(6), 12-18.
- Harrison G (2002) Mozambique: the tortuous road to democracy. J MOD AFR STUD, 40(2), 327-328.
- Harrison G (2002) Mozambique and the great flood of 2000. J MOD AFR STUD, 40(1), 160-161.
- Harrison G (2001) Globalisation, urban progress, urban problems, rural disadvantages: Evidence from Mozambique. J MOD AFR STUD, 39(4), 722-723.
- Harrison G (2001) Post-conditionality politics and administrative reform: Reflections on the cases of Uganda and Tanzania. DEV CHANGE, 32(4), 657-679.
- Harrison G (2001) The state against the peasantry: Rural struggles in colonial and postcolonial Mozambique.. AM POLIT SCI REV, 95(2), 492-493.
- Harrison G (2001) Peasants, the agrarian question and lenses of development. Progress in Development Studies, 1(3), 187-203.
- Harrison G (2001) Bringing political struggle back in: African politics, power and resistance. Review of African Political Economy, 28(89), 387-402.
- Harrison G (2001) Administering market friendly growth? Liberal populism and the World Bank's involvement in administrative reform in sub-Saharan Africa. REV INT POLIT ECON, 8(3), 528-547.
- Harrison G (1999) Mozambique between two elections: A political economy of transition. Democratization, 6(4), 166-180.
- Harrison G (1999) Clean-ups, conditionality & adjustment: Why institutions matter in mozambique. Review of African Political Economy, 26(81), 323-333.
- Harrison G (2012) Financing peace?: The world bank, reconstruction, and liberal peacebuilding, Peacebuilding, Power, and Politics in Africa (pp. 158-170).
- Perraton JR (2005) What's Left of 'State Capacity'? The Developmental State After Globalization and the East Asian Crisis In Harrison G (Ed.), Global Encounters: International Political Economy, Development and Globalization (pp. 95-113). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.