Professor James Wilsdon - Full List of Publications
- Wilsdon JR, Allen L, Belfiore E, Campbell P, Curry S, Hill S, Jones RAL, Kain R, Kerridge S, Thelwall M, Tinkler J, Viney I, Wouters P, Hill J & Johnson B (2015) The Metric Tide: Report of the Independent Review of the Role of Metrics in Research Assessment and Management. HEFCE. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2017) Brexit must preserve advisory networks.. Nature, 543(7647), 591-591. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR (2017) UK science, post-Brexit. Science AAAS, 355(6331), 1243-1243. View this article in WRRO
- Gluckman P & Wilsdon JR (2016) From paradox to principles: where next for scientific advice to governments?. Palgrave Communications, 2. View this article in WRRO
- Green JMH, Cranston GR, Sutherland WJ, Tranter HR, Bell SJ, Benton TG, Blixt E, Bowe C, Broadley S, Brown A, Brown C, Burns N, Butler D, Collins H, Crowley H, DeKoszmovszky J, Firbank LG, Fulford B, Gardner TA, Hails RS, Halvorson S, Jack M, Kerrison B, Koh , Lang SC, McKenzie EJ, Monsivais P, O'Riordan T, Osborn J, Oswald S, Price Thomas E, Raffaelli D, Reyers B, Srai JS, Strassburg BBN, Webster D, Welters R, Whiteman G, Wilsdon J & Vira B (2016) Research priorities for managing the impacts and dependencies of business upon food, energy, water and the environment. Sustainability Science. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR (2016) Science advice for Europe. Science, 353(6297), 327-327. View this article in WRRO
- Didier C, Duan W, Dupuy J-P, Guston DH, Liu Y, Cerezo JAL, Michelfelder D, Mitcham C, Sarewitz D, Stilgoe J, Stirling A, Vallor S, Wang G, Wilsdon J & Woodhouse EJ (2015) Acknowledging AI's dark side. Science, 349(6252), 1064-1064. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2015) We need a measured approach to metrics. Nature, 523(7559), 129-129. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2015) Watchdogs of the European system. Science, 348(6238), 947-947. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2014) The Past, Present and Future of the Chief Scientific Advisor. European Journal of Risk Regulation, 5(03), 293-299.
- Wilsdon J (2014) From foresight to hindsight: the promise of history in responsible innovation. Journal of Responsible Innovation, 1(1), 109-112.
- Stilgoe J, Lock SJ & Wilsdon J (2014) Why should we promote public engagement with science?. Public Understanding of Science, 23(1), 4-15. View this article in WRRO
- Doubleday R & Wilsdon J (2012) Beyond the great and good. NATURE, 485(7398), 301-302.
- Doubleday R & Wilsdon J (2012) Science policy: Beyond the great and good. Nature, 485(7398), 301-302.
- Wilsdon J (2008) The new geography of science. Physics World, 21(10), 51-53.
- Wilsdon J (2007) China: the next science superpower?. Engineering & Technology, 2(3), 28-31.
- Kearnes M, Grove-White R, Macnaghten P, Wilsdon J & Wynne B (2006) From Bio to Nano: Learning Lessons from the UK Agricultural Biotechnology Controversy. Science as Culture, 15(4), 291-307.
- Wilsdon J (2004) The politics of small things: nanotechnology, risk, and uncertainty. IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, 23(4), 16-21.
- Alakeson V & Wilsdon J (2002) Digital Sustainability in Europe. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 6(2), 10-12.
- Miller P (2001) Digital Futures â An Agenda for a Sustainable Digital Economy. Corporate Environmental Strategy, 8(3), 275-280.
Conference proceedings papers
- Chambers D, Preston L, Salway S, De Saille S, Topakas A, Booth A, Dawson J & Wilsdon JR (2017) The Diversity Dividend: does a more diverse and inclusive research community produce better biomedical and health research? View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR, Bar-Ilan J, Frodeman R, Lex E, Peters I & Wouters P (2017) Next-generation metrics: responsible metrics and evaluation for open science View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR, Cairns R & O'Donovan C (2017) Sustainability in Turbulent Times: Lessons from the Nexus Network for supporting transdisciplinary research View this article in WRRO
- Chambers D, Preston L, Topakas A, de Saille S, Salway S, Booth A, Dawson J & Wilsdon J () Review of diversity and inclusion literature and an evaluation of methodologies and metrics relating to health research. View this article in WRRO