Professor James Wilsdon - Full List of Publications
- Wilsdon J & de Rijcke S (2019) Europe the rule-maker. Nature, 569(7757), 479-481. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2017) Brexit must preserve advisory networks.. Nature, 543(7647), 591-591. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR (2017) UK science, post-Brexit. Science AAAS, 355(6331), 1243-1243. View this article in WRRO
- Green JMH, Cranston GR, Sutherland WJ, Tranter HR, Bell SJ, Benton TG, Blixt E, Bowe C, Broadley S, Brown A , Brown C et al (2017) Research priorities for managing the impacts and dependencies of business upon food, energy, water and the environment. Sustainability Science, 12(2), 319-331. View this article in WRRO
- Gluckman P & Wilsdon JR (2016) From paradox to principles: where next for scientific advice to governments?. Palgrave Communications, 2. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR (2016) Science advice for Europe. Science, 353(6297), 327-327. View this article in WRRO
- Didier C, Duan W, Dupuy J-P, Guston DH, Liu Y, Cerezo JAL, Michelfelder D, Mitcham C, Sarewitz D, Stilgoe J , Stirling A et al (2015) Acknowledging AI's dark side. Science, 349(6252), 1064-1064. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2015) We need a measured approach to metrics. Nature, 523(7559), 129-129. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2015) Watchdogs of the European system. Science, 348(6238), 947-947. View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J (2014) The Past, Present and Future of the Chief Scientific Advisor. European Journal of Risk Regulation, 5(3), 293-299.
- Wilsdon J (2014) From foresight to hindsight: the promise of history in responsible innovation. Journal of Responsible Innovation, 1(1), 109-112.
- Stilgoe J, Lock SJ & Wilsdon J (2014) Why should we promote public engagement with science?. Public Understanding of Science, 23(1), 4-15. View this article in WRRO
- Doubleday R & Wilsdon J (2012) Beyond the great and good. Nature, 485(7398), 301-302.
- Wilsdon J (2008) The new geography of science. Physics World, 21(10), 51-53.
- Wilsdon J (2007) China: the next science superpower?. Engineering & Technology, 2(3), 28-31.
- Kearnes M, Grove-White R, Macnaghten P, Wilsdon J & Wynne B (2006) From Bio to Nano: Learning Lessons from the UK Agricultural Biotechnology Controversy. Science as Culture, 15(4), 291-307.
- Wilsdon J (2004) The politics of small things: nanotechnology, risk, and uncertainty. IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, 23(4), 16-21.
- Miller P (2001) Digital Futures â An Agenda for a Sustainable Digital Economy. Corporate Environmental Strategy, 8(3), 275-280.
- Alakeson V & Wilsdon J () Digital Sustainability in Europe. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 6(2), 10-12.
Conference proceedings papers
- Wilsdon JR (2018) The Brexit experience — evidence, expertise, and post-truth politics. Journal and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New South Wales, Vol. vol. 151(part 1, 2018) (pp 45-49). Sydney, Australia, 29 November 2017 - 29 November 2017. View this article in WRRO
- Carpenter T & Wilsdon J (2015) Metrics and Assessment. Insights the UKSG journal, Vol. 28(2) (pp 33-38)
- Weinstein N, Wilsdon J, Chubb J & Haddock G (2019) The Real-Time REF Review: A Pilot Study (Executive Summary) View this article in WRRO
- Jones R & Wilsdon JR (2018) The Biomedical Bubble: Why UK research and innovation needs a greater diversity of priorities, politics, places and people View this article in WRRO
- Chambers D, Preston L, Salway S, De Saille S, Topakas A, Booth A, Dawson J & Wilsdon JR (2017) The Diversity Dividend: does a more diverse and inclusive research community produce better biomedical and health research? View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J, Cairns R & O’Donovan C (2017) Sustainability in turbulent times: lessons from the Nexus Network for supporting transdisciplinary research View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon J, Bar-Ilan J, Peters I & Wouters P (2016) Next-Generation Metrics: Responsible Metrics & Evaluation for Open Science View this article in WRRO
- Wilsdon JR, Allen L, Belfiore E, Campbell P, Curry S, Hill S, Jones RAL, Kain R, Kerridge S, Thelwall M , Tinkler J et al (2015) The Metric Tide: Report of the Independent Review of the Role of Metrics in Research Assessment and Management View this article in WRRO