PhD: Who could supervise me?
The profile pages for members of the Department list their research interests, and PhDs they have recently supervised. Please use this list to find members of the Department who you might like to supervise your PhD.
Students are given a Primary Supervisor and a Secondary Supervisor.
We welcome research proposals across the broad range of political science and international relations. The Department has considerable strength in the following fields:
- International Political Economy
- Comparative Political Economy
- International Relations
- Political Development and/or Democratisation (including in Latin America, Africa, the Caribbean and South Asia)
- European Politics including the European Union
- British Politics
- Governance and Public Policy
- Political Sociology
- Political Theory
We can offer supervision using a range of approaches: quantitative, qualitative, critical theory and gender.