MSc Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
A winning combination of advanced teaching and invaluable research experience.
About the course
Course description 2017
Interested in a management career? This course combines advanced mechanical engineering subjects with management modules specially designed for engineers.
You’ll complete a research project that brings together technical and management issues. And you can choose taught modules that support your project work.
- Design Innovation Toolbox
- Adaptive Decision Making in Professional Engineering Environments
- Individual Research Project
- Managing Engineering Projects and Risk
- Industrial Marketing: Basics and Cases
- Engineering Marketable Solutions: Make a Change
- The Professional Responsibility of Engineers
- Advanced Experiments and Modelling
Examples of optional modules
A selection from:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Aerodynamic Design
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering of Railways
- Reciprocating Engines
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Structural Vibrations
Teaching and assessment
You’ll learn through lectures, tutorials, small group work and online modules. You’re assessed by exams, coursework assignments and a dissertation.
1 year full-time
A 2:1 in mechanical engineering or a related subject. If you have qualifications in other science/engineering subjects such as maths or physics, or you have relevant professional experience, we'll consider your application.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It is a quick and easy process.
If you'd like to know more about any aspect of our courses, contact us:
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.