Join the world class
Postgraduate study at the University of Sheffield means learning alongside students who come from 153 countries. Come and change the world with us.
Join our community of talented postgraduate students
An online open evening is your chance to discover more about our world-class university and explore the courses you're interested in. Online talks led by experts take you through the application process, subject areas, career opportunities, support services and more.
Digital learning and teaching
We’re using feedback from our students and teachers to inform our planning for the autumn to make sure we provide our students with teaching and learning of the highest standard, safely and responsibly. We’re currently planning to offer a mix of face-to-face teaching in small groups in Sheffield, where social distancing can be maintained, supported by digital delivery.
Archaeology, English, East Asian Studies, History, Languages and Culture, Music, Philosophy
Aerospace Engineering, Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil and Structural Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Dentistry, Health and Related Research, Human Communication Sciences, Infection, Immunity and Cardiovascular Disease, Neuroscience, Nursing and Midwifery, Oncology and Metabolism
Architecture, Economics, Education, Geography, Information School, Journalism, Landscape Architecture, Law, Management (Business and Accounting), Politics and International Relations, Sheffield Methods Institute, Sociological Studies
Animal and Plant Sciences, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics and Astronomy, Psychology
Find out about the costs of postgraduate taught study, and all the support available to help meet these costs for home and EU students, from our Financial Support Team.
Please note that the Alumni Reward discussed in this video has recently been updated.
More ways to explore finance and funding
- Explore what sources of funding may be open to you via our Student Funding Calculator
- Find out how much your postgraduate taught course will cost by browsing postgraduate courses or using our fees look-up tool
- Explore additional forms of support and funding on offer via our postgraduate funding table
- Sheffield Graduates can take advantage of a discount on tuition fees thanks to our Alumni Rewards scheme
- If you'll be paying international fees, see our section for international students
Most postgraduate applications at Sheffield are submitted through our online application form. Here we take you through the application process.
More ways to explore the application process
- Find all the key information about how to apply for postgraduate taught study
Our accommodation is a smart choice for postgraduates. It’s easy to arrange and you don’t have the hassle of dealing with landlords or letting agents. There are 6,000 students living across our residences, in modern apartment blocks, flats and houses, providing a range of self-catered room types, including shared bathroom, deluxe, studios and en-suite rooms.
You'll have access to all of our great facilities, while living in flats dedicated to postgraduate students. This gives you your own space, shared with like-minded and supportive students in a mature environment. At the same time, you'll have the freedom to socialise with other students from across the University.
Sheffield offers a world-class learning environment, both on campus, and online. From outstanding library and IT services to specialist disability support and academic skills development, we ensure that every postgraduate student has the opportunity to realise their full potential.
More ways to explore our library and facilities
- Our facilities offer innovative physical and virtual learning environments, one of the UK’s leading research libraries, and outstanding IT services.
- Disability and Dyslexia Support Service - providing specialist support for those students with a long-term condition or impairment that can affect their ability to study.
- Student Services Information Desk – the University’s one-stop-shop for student related queries
- 301: Academic Skills Centre – an accessible space for all students to explore and develop their learning skills through a variety of face-to-face and online options
Our Careers Service supports you throughout your course – and for up to three years after you graduate. We'll help you develop your skills and attributes, explore career pathways, build contacts, and enhance your success in applications for part-time work, placements and graduate jobs.
We work hard to find opportunities that will provide the experience you need to succeed. Our collaborations ensure that our students and graduates have access to a wide range of local, national and international employers.
Joining the University of Sheffield is only the beginning of something very exciting. You'll become part of a much bigger, supportive, fun and vibrant community of like-minded people.
Our Students’ Union was voted No1 in the UK for the past three years (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2019, 2018, 2017). There are more than 400 societies and sports clubs, one of the biggest volunteering programmes in the UK and some of the best club nights in the city.
Take a video tour of:
- Our Students’ Union building – you'll find flexible study spaces, great cafes and bars, and convenient shops, including our pioneering sustainable Zero Waste Shop
- Sport at the University of Sheffield
More about student life
Sport Sheffield supports participation at every level - from total beginners to elite athletes. Our expansive range of clubs, programmes and facilities means there really is something for everyone.
Learn more about Sheffield: the ultimate student city
Our global reputation for teaching and research attracts more than 28,000 students from over 150 countries. If you’re coming to Sheffield from overseas, you’re guaranteed a warm welcome, expert advice and plenty of support.
More information for international students
- Check out the UKCISA website for the latest information about Brexit, immigration, fees, student support, working and living in the UK as an international student
- For University of Sheffield information about immigration head to our Student Visas and Immigration pages
- Check out our online guide for International Students from our International Student Support team
- Check entry requirements and FAQs for international postgraduate applicants on our international recruitment pages
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.