ESRC Festival of Social Science 2019 - applications now open
The ESRC Festival of Social Science returns from Saturday 2 to Saturday 9 November 2019. This is University of Sheffield’s contribution to the national ESRC celebration of social science research.
To apply, please complete our online application form.
The deadline for submission is 5pm on Friday 3 May.
In accordance with ESRC’s rules, events must:
- Be held during the ESRC Festival of Social Science 2019 (2-9 November)
- Fit with the aims and objectives of the Festival
- Feature social science (ideally with a social scientist involved in the event)
- Be free to attend
- Not be aimed primarily at academic audiences.
Through the Festival of Social Science, the ESRC aim to:
- Encourage, support and create the opportunity for social science researchers to engage with non-academic audiences
- Promote and increase awareness of the social sciences and ESRC's research
- Promote and increase awareness of the contributions the social sciences make to the wellbeing and the economy of the UK society
- Enable the public to engage with social science research
- Engage with teachers and young people and to raise their awareness of the social sciences.
Events can be aimed at:
- General public
- Young people aged 14-18
- Business, policy maker and the third sector
- Other (non-academic audiences)
We encourage innovative events to engage non-academic audiences with social science research that take place in off campus venues, where possible. Previous events have included film screenings, virtual reality activities, hands-on activities, debates, art installations, workshops, exhibitions and talks.
Funding up to £1,500 is available to take part in the festival.
If you are interested in featuring a project in the Festival of Social Science, please get in touch at email@example.com or on 0114 222 0563. We will be more than happy to discuss any ideas with you.