Here at Print and Design Solutions we are an enthusiastic team who are passionate about doing what we can to help our environment. We have spent a lot of time assessing our print production processes to make them as sustainable as possible. This means that our customers can purchase our products safe in the knowledge that the environmental impact of their print has been minimised.
We recognise that there will always be more that we can do, and behind the scenes we are working on lots of projects to increase sustainability, so watch this space!
- All of our house papers are FSC Mix as a minimum standard. We also have a range of FSC Recycled stocks. For more information on FSC labels, see fsc-uk.org/en-uk/about-fsc/what-is-fsc/fsc-labels
- Sustainable alternatives – we have an extensive list of product alternatives in all areas of our service that are either made from sustainable materials, or that can be recycled more easily
- We reuse as much waste paper as possible by:
- Shredding waste paper and using it as packaging as an alternative to bubble wrap
- Making recycled notepads from offcuts and giving these to our customers FOC
- Creating colouring books from our offcuts and donating these to a local foodbank
- Encouraging our customers to only print what they need, you can always have a reprint!
- Encouraging our customers to consider sustainable merchandise products, made from materials such as recycled CD cases, plastic bottles and cork
- Green Impact: Green Impact is a sustainability accreditation scheme with an awards element for departments with Universities in the UK. PDS has a newly formed team looking at ways our business can be more sustainable whilst giving a helping hand to our local community. See our Instagram posts for our latest projects and initiatives:
For more information about our sustainable products and services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org