Conference on Luther as Philosopher
Prokhorov Centre member Robert Stern organised an international conference on 'Luther as Philosopher', which took place in Sheffield on 11–12 September 2018.
Among the many speakers were: Theodor Dieter (Strasbourg), Volker Leppin (Tübingen), and Daphne Hampson (Oxford).
Conference talks (11–12 September 2018)
- Theodor Dieter (Strasbourg) - Luther and Aristotle
- Volker Leppin (Tübingen) – Philosophy of Language in Luther’s Late Disputations
- Spencer Johnston (Cambridge) – Luther on Logic: Rejecting Certain Scholastic Doctrines
- David Bagchi (Hull) – Luther on the Limits of Reason
- Sophie Grace Chappell (Open University) – Conscience
- Wayne Martin (Essex) – Luther’s Will
- Daphne Hampson (Oxford) – The Lutheran Dialectic
- Iona Hine (Sheffield) – Luther’s Philosophy of Translation: Spoken and Unspoken
- Simon Podmore (Liverpool Hope) – "God is Love… God is Nothing in Himself": The Essence of Faith According to Luther and Feuerbach
- Clare Carlisle (KCL) – Kierkegaard’s Luther
- Robert Stern (Sheffield) – Freedom from the Self: Luther and Løgstrup on Sin as "Incurvatus in se"