Dr Stuart P Wilson
Lecturer in Cognitive Neuroscience
The University of Sheffield
Sheffield S10 2TP, UK
Tel: (+44) 0114 222 6595
Room: Pam Liversidge Building F.41
Please see my lab webpage for further information.
A list of key publications can be found below. For a full list of publications please click here
- Spigler G & Wilson SP (2017) Familiarization: A theory of repetition suppression predicts interference between overlapping cortical representations. PLoS ONE, 12(6). View this article in WRRO
- Wilson S (2017) Self-organised criticality in the evolution of a thermodynamic model of rodent thermoregulatory huddling. PLoS Computational Biology, 13(1). View this article in WRRO
- Glancy J, Stone JV & Wilson SP (2016) How self-organization can guide evolution. Royal Society Open Science, 3. View this article in WRRO
- Bednar JA & Wilson SP (2016) Cortical Maps. The Neuroscientist, 22(6), 604-617. View this article in WRRO
- Glancy JP, Gross R, Stone JV & Wilson SP (2015) A Self-Organising Model of Thermoregulatory Huddling. PLOS Computational Biology, 11(9). View this article in WRRO
- Wilson SP & Bednar JA (2015) What, if anything, are topological maps for?. Developmental Neurobiology, 75(6), 667-681. View this article in WRRO
- Wilson SP, Law JS, Mitchinson B, Prescott TJ & Bednar JA (2010) Modeling the emergence of whisker direction maps in rat barrel cortex.. PLoS One, 5(1), e8778. View this article in WRRO
- Alexander T, Wilson SP & Wilson PN (2009) Blocking of Goal-Location Learning Based on Shape. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning Memory and Cognition, 35(3), 694-708.
- Stafford T & Wilson SP (2007) Self-organisation can generate the discontinuities in the somatosensory map. NEUROCOMPUTING, 70(10-12), 1932-1937.
- Wilson SP, Verschure PFMJ, Mura A & Prescott A (2015) Preface In Wilson S, Verschure P, Mura A & Prescott A (Ed.), 4th International Conference, Living Machines 2015, Barcelona, Spain, July 28 - 31, 2015, Proceedings (pp. v-vi). Springer International Publishing
Conference proceedings papers
- Glancy J, Groß R & Wilson SP (2013) A minimal model of the phase transition into thermoregulatory huddling. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), Vol. 8064 LNAI (pp 381-383)