Undergraduate Students who have failed a year

This information is for undergraduate students who have a level result of:

  • NA (Not Assessed)
  • F (Fail)
  • FN (Fail - cannot proceed, progress under review)

There are four options available to students who are not able to proceed to the next level of their degree programme.

Please note, if your level result is FN, your performance will be reviewed by the Faculty Student Review Committee to decide whether or not you can continue with your studies. An email will have been sent to you at your University email account with details of what happens next. Before you decide on any registration option you must complete the proforma as referred to in the email. If your result is FN and you have any queries please contact the Student Administration Service

Registration Options:

  1. Become an external candidate
  2. Repeat the year
  3. Change your programme of study
  4. Withdraw from the University

If you have a good reason for being unable to meet the closing date for examination entry or are unable to attend to register, please contact the Registration helpline +44(0)114 222 1288 or contact the Student Administration Service to notify us about your circumstances. If you do not keep the Student Administration Service informed of your position by the end of October, you could be deemed to have withdrawn permanently from the University and your record will be terminated.