Undergraduate Students repeating a period of study
If you wish to explore the possibility of requesting permission to repeat a period of study on a full-time or part-time (with attendance) basis. You will need to have considered the following information before deciding:
Will my academic department(s) agree to me repeating?
- Consult your department(s) soon after receiving your results if you wish to repeat.
Will my sponsor provide funds for repeating?
- UK (or EU) students are advised to contact the organisation(s) providing funds for their study (e.g the Student Loan Company) to ensure that they would authorise repeat study.
What would it cost to repeat if I have no other financial support?
- Full-time: Full tuition fee at the appropriate rate (pro rata on a credit basis).
- Part-time: Tuition fee at the appropriate rate (pro rata on a credit basis).
- Overseas Rate: pro rata the full-time fee
What do I do if I have been given permission to repeat examinations only, ie not attend lectures?
This would mean that you would become an External Candidate: (i.e without attendance). You will still need to complete an 'Application to Repeat a Period of Study' form online on the following webpage
What do I do if I have completed an 'Application to Repeat a Period of Study' form and have been given permission to repeat all/some of my modules by attending lectures and examinations?
This would mean that you are an Internal Candidate : Please visit this webpage to apply online. Once your Repeat Period has been approved, you will be contacted via email and asked to register online through MUSE.
International Students only - Will my visa allow me to remain in the UK?
If you are in the UK on a student visa your change of degree programme - please ensure that you have read the information and used the self-help tool here (www.shef.ac.uk/ssid/international/immigration/cos/programme) before submitting a change of programme request to your department.
When to register
Undergraduate students who have had their Repeat Period approved will be able to access online registration via your MUSE account. You will receive guidance, via email, regarding re-registration once your Repeat Period has been approved and you must complete Online Registration by Friday 22 September 2017.