This page provides additonal information for staff or students (and their supervisors) who need to apply for ethics approval via the University Research Ethics Procedure.
- Ten top tips (PDF, 102KB) - Ten top tips to help you complete your ethics application
- Completing the application form (for staff) (PDF, 287KB) - Useful general guidance derived from the online form - how to complete the University's research ethics application form - what to think about and the level of detail to include.
- Completing the application form (for students) (PDF, 289KB) - A "template" derived from the online form to allow consideration of the form before completing online. Useful general guidance on how to complete the University's research ethics application form - what to think about and the level of detail to include.
- Completing an information sheet (.docx, 40KB) - Guidance on how to compile an Information Sheet to help participants decide whether to be involved in your project
- Example consent form (.docx, 89KB) - An example of a form for use when obtaining participants' consent to be involved in a project
- Data collection tools (PDF, 42KB) - Guidance on the submission of data collection tools when applying for ethics approval
- Data management plans (PDF, 44KB) - Guidance on providing Data Management Plans with ethics applications
- Information for Ethics Reviewers - Guidance for departmental ethics reviewers including a quick-reference guide to the role
- Information for Ethics Administrators - Guidance for departmental Ethics Administrators including record keeping and reporting requirements
- Information for Principal Ethics Contacts - Guidance for departmental Principal Ethics Contacts including key activities and how to deal with queries
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.