Doctoral and Researcher Development Sub-Committee (DRDC)
This committee has now been incorporated into the Doctoral Academy Committee, details available here
Terms of reference
The Sub-Committee reports to the University's Research and Innovation Committee, and its responsibilities are:
- To advise the Research and Innovation Committee (RIC) on matters relating to strategy and policy in respect of Doctoral and Researcher development.
- To undertake strategic policy development in respect of Postgraduate Research Students (PGRs) and where there is strategic connectivity, between PGR and Postgraduate Taught Students (PGTs).
- To recommend principles regarding the development of the Doctoral student frameworks as they relate to the student experience and output (e.g. Doctoral Training Centres, block grants, joint degrees etc.).
- To advise on the national and international environments as they relate to PGRs and Early Career Researchers.
- To consider and advise on the competitiveness of the University's Doctoral development offering.
- To advise on the impact of PGR activity as it relates to the Government's economic and societal impact and skills agendas.
- To oversee and make recommendations in respect of PGR and Early Career Researcher training funded by Roberts.
- To receive reports and recommendations from relevant Faculty committees.
- To oversee the implementation of any recommendations from University or RIC Task and Finish Groups.
- To receive and consider the Minutes from the Learning and Teaching Committee Quality and Scrutiny and Enhancement and Strategy Sub-Committees.
|Professor Jacqueline Labbe||Pro-Vice-Chancellor Faculty of Arts and Humanities|
|Doctor Gavin Boyce||Doctoral Development Team Leader, Research and Innovation Services|
|Ms Anita Jane Kenny||Doctoral Support Officer, Research and Innovation Services|
|Professor Keith Burnett||Vice Chancellor|
Representatives from each Faculty:
One representative of the Doctoral Academy Professor Ian Douglas Director of the Academy
From the Research and Innovation Committee: Professor Jacqueline Labbe
|From the Quality and Scrutiny Sub-Committee: Professor Russell Hand|
|From the Learning and Teaching Committee Enhancement and Strategy Committee: Mrs Susan Gill|
|Manager of the Quality and Skills Team, Research and Innovation Services: Mr Richard Hudson|
|From Learning and Teaching Services: Ms Angela Gascoyne|
|From HR: Mr Ian Wright|
|From Careers: Ms Claire Conway|
|From Library Services: Ms Helen Moore|
|From Student Services: Doctor Marcus Phillips|
PGR student representatives:
Committee Meeting Dates 2016
|Monday 25th January 2016||1.30 pm||Meeting Room 1 - 2nd Floor - New Spring House|
Minutes of the previous meetings of the committee are available here