MRC Festival of Medical Research: Free Activities and Demos
Saturday 24 June 2017, 11am-3pm
Winter Garden, 90 Surrey Street, Sheffield S1 2LH
Come along to this free event and find out how the latest medical research at the University of Sheffield is improving people’s lives. There will be a range of hands-on activities, exhibits and demonstrations from leading researchers including:
- what growth hormone is, what it does and how we have developed a treatment for growth hormone excess
- how our lungs work, the differences between healthy and asthmatic lungs and why bacteria and viruses can trigger asthma attacks - with a chance to make your own 'snot'
- why bacteria sticks easily to the surface of the eye when it has been damaged and how we have developed new treatments to help stop blindness
- the differences between healthy and diseased motor neurons
- how maths can help lead to better healthcare for the whole population.
This event is open to everyone – it is aimed at a public audience, including families and children.
View the location of the Winter Garden on Google Maps. The venue is fully accessible.
To contact the Public Engagement & Impact Team:
Phone: 0114 222 0563