Research Cost Estimator
The Research Cost Estimator is a simple tool for quickly generating a basic cost for a potential research project.
- It's intended as a pre-cursor to preparing a full costing using the Costing Tool.
- Only basic information is required since it uses simplified assumptions about inflation and sponsor requirements. Estimates are rounded up to the next £1,000.
- Once finalised, the estimate can be emailed internally to colleagues to view or prepare a full costing in the Costing Tool.
- It's been developed under the umbrella of a much larger systems project for Integrated Research Information Systems (IRIS).
- As it's still relatively new, we're keen to receive feedback and suggestions from users. Please email Kirsty Lindley with comments.
- You can access the Research Cost Estimator directly or from myResearch.