Research Professional is an online database of research funding opportunities and research policy news that the University subscribes to. It has extensive coverage of opportunities in the UK and beyond, and includes calls from the Research Councils, government funding, tenders, Horizon 2020, international funders and charities. The database is updated twice a week and is good for finding unusual funding opportunities of all sizes.
You can start browsing www.researchprofessional.com from any computer on campus. To access the site from elsewhere, you will need to first create an account. By registering for an account, you can also:
- manage your profile
- save custom searches
- use it off campus
- set-up regular email alerts
- create self-publishing 'Magazines' from Research Professional content
Workgroup Editors are able to create workgroups; manage their membership; and create tailored funding alerts and news bulletins relevant to that group. This may be useful for research groups, departments or other ad hoc groups. To become a Workgroup Editor, please contact your faculty Research Development Officer.
Help and support
Several short tutorial videos cover most of the key activities in Research Professional. You can watch all the videos at once below, or view them individually on YouTube.
- The Quick Start Guide will help you to take your first steps with Research Professional.
- The User Guide provides all of the information you need to use some of the more advanced features.
- The Admin Guide will introduce the additional functionality available for Administrators and Workgroup Editors.
Please contact the relevant Research Development Officer if you have any problems or queries about using Research Professional.