Replacement Degree Certificates
Replacement Degree Certificates for higher degrees by research only
Graduates of the University who have successfully completed a higher degree by research and who have lost their original degree certificate may apply for a replacement degree certificate. A replacement degree certificate costs £30 and usually takes up to 15 working days to produce. However, if you graduated before 1995 then processing could take up to six weeks from receipt of your application.
Replacement degree certificates can only be ordered via the University's Online Store
Letter Confirming Degree/Attendance
If you require a letter confirming details of your degree, this can be obtained from the Student Services Information Desk (SSiD).
The Confirming Letter will state:
- Your name and date of birth
- Your thesis title
- The dates you attended the University
- Your Department or Faculty
- Mode of Attendance (e.g. Full-Time or Part-Time)
- Your Graduation/Award date
- The signature of the Registrar and the official stamp of the University
To request a Confirming Letter, please refer to the 'See also' box opposite which links to SSiD.