Research Services - COVID-19 Service Update
Last update: 27 March 10:23
The team are all up and running to support grant applications, awards, contracts and patents, licencing and IP support.
The telephone help desks are not working and therefore please contact the following email addresses and someone will telephone you back:
- Pricing Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contracts Team: email@example.com
- IP Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members of the team are working from home.
- Our reception service for thesis submission is now closed.
- Wherever possible, students with enquiries should submit these via email to their faculty contacts, to minimise the amount of face-to-face contact.
- Contingency plans are being put in place to accept thesis submissions electronically, as well as covering all other essential areas of work, should we be required to close the student reception desk and work remotely.
New procedures for PGR thesis submission during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Procedures for thesis submission are changing, with immediate effect, due to the Covid-19 outbreak. We are asking that all students submit their thesis electronically and are temporarily suspending the requirement to also provide hard copies of the thesis.
- An electronic submission will be in the form of a pdf of the thesis and a copy of the Turnitin submission receipt, both of which should be emailed to email@example.com prior to your submission deadline. Additional supporting documents, e.g. the Access to Thesis form, can also be included, but are not essential for thesis submission.
- To ensure that the submission is dealt with promptly, emails should bear the subject Thesis Submission. Students are responsible for ensuring that the thesis file size is suitable for email (the maximum attachment size for Gmail is 25 mb). Students must also ensure that the thesis filename includes their surname and registration number. Students will receive email confirmation of their thesis submission.
Research Growth Team
The team are currently working remotely and can be contacted by their usual email addresses or on Google Hangouts. We're intending to run most planned meetings via Google Hangouts, subject to participants' availability.
All face-to-face Think Ahead sessions have been postponed for the foreseeable future. The Think Ahead team are currently working to move sessions, where possible, to an online format. We will update everyone previously enrolled on our face-to-face sessions on any new online provision we develop in this time.
There are already plenty of development resources online for researchers via Think Further and also the University provides thousands of online training courses with LinkedIn learning accessed via MUSE and we'd encourage you to make use of these during this time.
For any queries relating to Think Ahead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact and IP
The Impact and IP team are all working from home but are contactable by email.
- In light of Research England putting REF2021 on hold, we are operating to the Institutional timetable for REF Impact Case Study development and stocktake.
- We are unable to provide in person training but please check our Training and events page for details of online training.
- We can be contacted by email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (GCRF impact).
IP and Commercialisation
- We continue to manage IP filings but assessing new projects my take longer than normal.
- The IPDaC fund is still operational and our commercialisation managers will continue to support the development of business cases.
- We are making arrangements to run our next "Lean Launch Programme" as an online offer. This will start in mid May.
- We are happy to arrange discussions with researchers about the commercial potential of their research.
Research Information and Quality
The team are currently working remotely and can be contacted by email or on Google Hangouts. We're intending to run most planned meetings on Google Hangouts, subject to other participants' availability. For all enquiries, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
REF 2021 has been postponed, although University preparations need to continue. Further information is available on our REF website.