Wellcome Biomedical Vacation Scholarships at the University of Sheffield
The University is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a grant to provide Wellcome Biomedical Vacation Scholarships for the summer vacation periods of 2020 - 2024.
• Students must be registered on a relevant undergraduate course in the UK or Republic of Ireland. Examples of relevant subjects include: science (biomedical, natural, computing or physical sciences), medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, engineering, mathematics and psychology.
• Students are eligible in the middle year(s) of the degree, when they have not yet undertaken a substantial period of research.
Students are ineligible if they:
• Are in their first or final year of study
• Have previously undertaken a vacation scholarship from Wellcome or another funding body, or have had significant experience
• Have completed or are currently undertaking an intercalated year, as they would have completed a BSc before the scholarship period and should have already had the opportunity to undertake research
• Have completed or are currently undertaking a one-year placement in research as part of their degree (e.g. a sandwich year), as they would have had the opportunity to undertake research before the scholarship period
• Are a graduate-entry medical student who has completed a previous undergraduate degree in a science-related subject, as they would have had an opportunity to apply during their first undergraduate degree
• Are a student enrolled on a course outside the UK or the Republic of Ireland.