Research and Innovation Committee
Terms of Reference
The Committee reports to the Senate, and its responsibilities are:
- To advise the Senate on matters relating to Research and Innovation.
- To oversee the University's strategic approach to Research and Innovation, including the institutional approach to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) and any future research quality assessment exercises.
- To oversee the development and implementation of institutional policy, procedure and guidance in respect of Research Governance and Doctoral and Early Career Researcher development and to make recommendations to the Senate.
- To receive and consider reports from the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation, the Doctoral Researcher Development Sub-Committee and the Research Staff Development Sub-Committee.
- To receive the Minutes of the Learning and Teaching Committee.
- To receive reports from Faculty committees considering strategic and policy issues relating to Research and Innovation.
|Professor David Petley||
Vice-President (Research and Innovation)
|Mr Lee Allman||Research Services|
|Professor Keith Burnett||Vice Chancellor|
|Professor John Derrick||Deputy Vice-President (Research and Innovation)|
|Professor Lorraine Maltby||Deputy Vice-President (PGR)|
|Professor Wyn Morgan||Vice-President (Learning and Teaching)|
|Professor Bob Shoemaker||Director of Research and Innovation, Faculty of Arts and Humanities|
|Professor John Haycock||Director of Research and Innovation, Faculty of Engineering|
|Professor Rob Freckleton||Director of Research and Innovation, Faculty of Science|
|Professor Craig Watkins||Director of Research and Innovation, Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Professor Fiona Boissonade||Representative of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health|
|Mr Colin Sirett||Chief Executive Officer, the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)|
|Professor Panos Ketikidis||Vice President of Research of the International Faculty|
|to be confirmed||Director of Research Services|
|Dr Neil Harris||Research Services|
|Ms Deborah McClean||Research Services|
|Dr Sarah Want||Head of Research Partnerships and Regional Engagement|
|Mr John McAuley||Representative of CICS|
|Ms Anne Horn or Mrs Tracey Clarke||Representative of the Library|
|Academic teaching staff, appointed by the Senate|
|Dr Nina Cardinal||Faculty of Science|
|Dr Irini Katsirea||Department of Journalism Studies|
|Dr Jason Berwick||Department of Psychology|
|Professor Simon Cross||Department of Neuroscience|
|15 November 2017||2 - 4pm||Council Room Firth Court|
|7 February 2018||2.15 - 4.15pm||Arts Tower Meeting Room 4.10|
|14 May 2018||2.15 - 4.15pm||Council Room Firth Court|