Research Cost Estimator
- The Research Cost Estimator is a simple tool for quickly generating a basic cost for a potential research project.
- It's intended as a pre-cursor to preparing a full costing using the Costing & Awards Tool.
- Only basic information is required since it uses simplified assumptions about inflation and sponsor requirements.
- Estimates are rounded up to the next £1,000.
- Once finalised, the estimate can be emailed internally to colleagues to view or prepare a full costing in the Costing & Awards Tool.
You can also access the Research Cost Estimator via myResearch on MUSE.
Who to contact
For advice, guidance and support with using the Costing & Awards Tool, or with any aspect of costing a grant application, please contact the Pricing Team in Research Services.