ScHARR Deputy Information Governance Manager - Role description
Deputy Information Governance Manager
Normal tenure in role
Process for selection/reselection
A nomination will be put forward by the Information Governance Lead to the Dean for approval following a School-wide internal advertisement for interested parties.
- To deputise for and assist the ScHARR Information Governance Manager responsible for the day-to-day operational management of research information governance activities within the School.
- Main duties/responsibilities
- to attend the meetings of the School’s Information Governance Committee (IGC);
- to liaise with the ScHARR Information Governance Manager (IGM), the Information Governance Lead (IGL) and the Section Information Governance Leads (SIGLs) in the day to day operational management and supervision of the School information governance apparatus;
- to assist in the process by which new projects are added to the School IG Toolkit listing;
- to liaise with other IG groups and organisations;
- to be a point of reference for SIGLs and researchers regarding IG queries;
- to assist in the management of the responses to messages received via the IG e-mail address;
- to assist in the review and update IG policies as appropriate;
- to work with the IGL and the IGM to keep the School information governance policy up to date by monitoring any changes in the research information governance regulatory framework;
- to work with the IGC Administrator in the preparation and circulation of the IGC minutes and agendas;
- to work with the IGM to ensure the effective dissemination throughout the School of the IGC’s guidance on information handling;
- to assist in the monitoring of information handling activities of research and research support staff to ensure their compliance with the law and the policies of the School by organising audits of compliance;
- to work with the IGM to monitor the progress in reaching the goals set in the School’s Information Governance Improvement plan;
- to work with the IGM to ensure that suitable information governance training is made available to all ScHARR staff for the support of their role;
- to assist in the preparation and submission of the annual IG Toolkit application to NHS Digital with the support of the IGC;
- to work with the IGM, IGL and IGC Administrator to support monitoring visits from appropriate regulatory or oversight bodies.
Relevant skills and experience essential to the role:
- Knowledge and experience of information governance related to health research;
- Experience in reviewing, improving and implementing internal processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Aptitude for acquiring new skills and knowledge in line with advances in relevant subject areas;
- Capacity to use initiative and work independently.
Reporting to the IGL and the IGC.