Chin Maguire BSc Pharmacology (Sheffield), MPH (Sheffield)
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0717
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0870
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I joined the Clinical Trials Research Unit in 2009 from DePuy International (a Johnson & Johnson medical device company) where I worked as a clinical research associate. Here I was managing a number of large scale international phase IV orthopaedic clinical studies predominantly researching knee replacement devices. Prior to this I worked at Chesterfield Hospital as an audit analyst and as a medical representative for Eli Lilly.
- Controlled clinical trials
- Trials methodology
- Systematic Reviews
My main research interests include controlled clinical trials methodology, orthopaedics and Good Clinical Practice.
- HAR 6116 - Randomised Controlled Trials to Support Reimbursement Decision Making (Module Coordinator)
- HAR 674 - Randomised Controlled Trials
- DiPALS - A Randomised Controlled Trial In Patients With Respiratory Muscle Weakness Due to Motor Neurone Disease of the NeuRx RA/4 Diaphragm Pacing System
- HydroDMD: Hydrotherapy for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD): A Pilot and Feasibility RCT in Children
- Cooper K, Squires H, Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Booth A, Logan RF, Maguire C, Hind D, Tappenden P. Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess 2010; Vol 14: 32
- Goodacre S, Cohen J, Bradburn M, Gray A, Benger J, Coats T, on behalf of the 3Mg Research Team. Intravenous or nebulised magnesium sulphate versus standard therapy for severe acute asthma (3Mg trial): a double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Lancet Respir Med 2013
- Protocol for Diaphragm Pacing in patients with respiratory muscle weakness due to Motor Neurone Disease (DiPALS): a randomised controlled trial [Trial Registration: Current controlled trials ISRCTN53817913]. McDermott C J, Maguire C, Cooper C L, Ackroyd R, Baird W O, Baudouin S, Bentley A, Bianchi S, Bourke S, Bradburn M J, Dixon S, Ealing J, Galloway S, Karat D, Maynard N, Morrison K, Mustfa N, Stradling J, Talbot K, Williams T and Shaw P J. BMC Neurology. 2012;12:74
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Cooper CL, Cross E, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J, McNamara PS. SABRE: a multicentre randomised controlled trial of nebulised hypertonic saline in infants hospitalised with acute bronchiolitis. Thorax, 2014; 69:12
- Maguire C, McDermott CJ, Hind D, Radunovic A, Shaw PJ. Diaphragm pacing systems for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/ motor neuron disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD011222. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD011222.