Chin Maguire BSc Pharmacology (Sheffield), MPH (Sheffield)
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0717
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0870
email : email@example.com
I am currently the Project Manager on the CFHealthHub (ACtiF) Programme Grant (NIHR RP-PG-1212-20015). Previously I have managed HTA trials and pilot feasibility studies including 3Mg, DiPALS and HydroDMD. I joined the CTRU in 2009 from DePuy International (Johnson and Johnson Medical Device Company) where I worked as a Clinical Research Associate managing phase IV Orthopaedic device trials.
My research interests include Systematic reviews and controlled clinical trials.
I am involved in co-coordinating and marking on the iHTA online module HAR6116: Randomised Controlled Trials to Support Reimbursement Decision Making. I am also a personal tutor to Masters Level students.
I sit on the Early Careers Research Group (Faculty of Medicine) as the ScHARR Deputy and also on the Working Better Together group. I also undertake external peer review for the NIHR and Pilot and Feasibility Studies Journal.
Chin is part of Design, Trials and Statistics
- Hoo Z, Coates E, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Shafi N, Nash E, McGowan A, Bourke S, Fight W, Daniels T , Nightingale J et al (2018) Pragmatic criteria to define chronic pseudomonas aeruginosa infection among adults with cystic fibrosis. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. View this article in WRRO
- Hoo Z, Gardner B, Arden MA, Waterhouse S, Walters SJ, Campbell MJ, Hind D, Maguire C, Dewar J & Wildman MJ (2018) Role of habit in treatment adherence among adults with cystic fibrosis. Thorax. View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Parkin J, Whitworth V, Rex S, Young T, Hampson L, Sheehan J, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Scott E , Epps H et al (2017) Aquatic therapy for children with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a pilot feasibility randomised controlled trial and mixed-methods process evaluation. HEALTH TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT, 21(27). View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Parkin J, Whitworth V, Rex S, Young T, Hampson L, Sheehan J, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Scott E , Epps H et al (2017) Aquatic therapy for boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD): an external pilot randomised controlled trial. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 3, 16-16. View this article in WRRO
- McDermott CJ, Bradburn MJ, Maguire C, Cooper CL, Baird WO, Baxter SK, Cohen J, Cantrill H, Dixon S, Ackroyd R , Baudouin S et al (2016) DiPALS: Diaphragm Pacing in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - a randomised controlled trial.. Health Technol Assess, 20(45), 1-186. View this article in WRRO
- Maguire C, Cantrill H, Hind D, Bradburn M & Everard ML (2015) Hypertonic saline (HS) for acute bronchiolitis: Systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Pulmonary Medicine, 15(1). View this article in WRRO
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Dixon S, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J, Lenney W , McNamara P et al (2015) Saline in acute bronchiolitis RCT and economic evaluation: hypertonic saline in acute bronchiolitis - randomised controlled trial and systematic review.. Health Technology Assessment, 19(66), 1-130. View this article in WRRO
- Committee DW & Collaborators DSG (2015) Safety and efficacy of diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory insufficiency due to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (DiPALS): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Neurology, 14(9), 883-892. View this article in WRRO
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Cooper CL, Cross E, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J , McNamara PS et al (2014) SABRE: a multicentre randomised control trial of nebulised hypertonic saline in infants hospitalised with acute bronchiolitis. Thorax, 69(12), 1105-1112. View this article in WRRO
- Maguire C, McDermott C, Hind D, Radunovic A & Shaw PJ (2014) Diaphragm pacing systems for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / motor neuron disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews(11).
- McDermott CJ, Maguire C, Cooper CL, Ackroyd R, Baird WO, Baudouin S, Bentley A, Bianchi S, Bourke S, Bradburn MJ , Dixon S et al (2012) Protocol for diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory muscle weakness due to motor neurone disease (DiPALS): a randomised controlled trial.. BMC Neurol, 12, 74. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper K, Squires H, Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Booth A, Logan RF, Maguire C, Hind D & Tappenden P (2010) Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 14(32), 1-206.
Conference proceedings papers
- Kirkpatrick S, Arden M, Beever D, Bradley J, Cantrill H, Daniels T, Drabble S, Elston C, Flight W, Gates A , Horsley A et al (2017) 368 CFHealthHub: development and evaluation of videos incorporating peer description of successful self-management with inhaled therapies in adults with CF used to build self-efficacy to support self-care within the CFHealthHub complex intervention. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16 (pp s155-s156) View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Maguire C, Cantrill H, O'Cathain A, Wildman M & group C (2017) EPS2.8 CFHealthHub: complex intervention to support adherence to treatment in adults with cystic fibrosis: external pilot trial. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16 (pp s40-s41) View this article in WRRO
- Hoo ZH, Waterhouse S, Nightingale J, Dewar J, Allenby M, Haynes F, Oliver C, Evans L, Maguire C, Cantrill HR & Wildman M (2017) CFHealthHub: Using Leeds criteria and clinicians´ decision to determine the Pseudomonas status among the 64 adults with cystic fibrosis in the two centre CFHealthHub (CFHH) pilot study. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16(Suppl 1) (pp S105-S106), 7 June 2017 - 10 August 2017. View this article in WRRO
- Everard M, Maguire C, Cantrill H & Hind D (2014) Late-breaking abstract: Hypertonic saline (HS) for acute bronchiolitis: Systematic review and meta-analysis. EUROPEAN RESPIRATORY JOURNAL, Vol. 44