Chin Maguire BSc Pharmacology (Sheffield), MPH (Sheffield)
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0717
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0870
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I am currently the Project Manager on the CFHealthHub (ACtiF) Programme Grant (NIHR RP-PG-1212-20015). Previously I have managed HTA trials and pilot feasibility studies including 3Mg, DiPALS and HydroDMD. I joined the CTRU in 2009 from DePuy International (Johnson and Johnson Medical Device Company) where I worked as a Clinical Research Associate managing phase IV Orthopaedic device trials.
My research interests include Systematic reviews and controlled clinical trials.
I am involved in co-coordinating and marking on the iHTA online module HAR6116: Randomised Controlled Trials to Support Reimbursement Decision Making. I am also a personal tutor to Masters Level students.
I sit on the Early Careers Research Group (Faculty of Medicine) as the ScHARR Deputy and also on the Working Better Together group. I also undertake external peer review for the NIHR and Pilot and Feasibility Studies Journal.
Chin is part of Design, Trials and Statistics
- Hind D, Parkin J, Whitworth V, Rex S, Young T, Hampson L, Sheehan J, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Scott E, Epps H, Main M, Geary M, McMurchie H, Pallant L, Woods D, Freeman J, Lee E, Eagle M, Willis T, Muntoni F & Baxter P (2017) Aquatic therapy for children with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a pilot feasibility randomised controlled trial and mixed-methods process evaluation. HEALTH TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT, 21(27). View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Parkin J, Whitworth V, Rex S, Young T, Hampson L, Sheehan J, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Scott E, Epps H, Main M, Geary M, McMurchie H, Pallant L, Woods D, Freeman J, Lee E, Eagle M, Willis T, Muntoni F & Baxter P (2017) Aquatic therapy for boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD): an external pilot randomised controlled trial. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 3, 16-16. View this article in WRRO
- McDermott CJ, Bradburn MJ, Maguire C, Cooper CL, Baird WO, Baxter SK, Cohen J, Cantrill H, Dixon S, Ackroyd R, Baudouin S, Bentley A, Berrisford R, Bianchi S, Bourke SC, Darlison R, Ealing J, Elliott M, Fitzgerald P, Galloway S, Hamdalla H, Hanemann CO, Hughes P, Imam I, Karat D, Leek R, Maynard N, Orrell RW, Sarela A, Stradling J, Talbot K, Taylor L, Turner M, Simonds AK, Williams T, Wedzicha W, Young C & Shaw PJ (2016) DiPALS: Diaphragm Pacing in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - a randomised controlled trial.. Health Technol Assess, 20(45), 1-186. View this article in WRRO
- Maguire C, Cantrill H, Hind D, Bradburn M & Everard ML (2015) Hypertonic saline (HS) for acute bronchiolitis: Systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Pulmonary Medicine, 15(1). View this article in WRRO
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Dixon S, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J, Lenney W, McNamara P, Elphick H, Chetcuti PA, Moya EF, Powell C, Garside JP, Chadha LK, Kurian M, Lehal RS, MacFarlane PI, Cooper CL & Cross E (2015) Saline in Acute Bronchiolitis RCT and Economic evaluation: hypertonic saline in acute bronchiolitis – randomised controlled trial and systematic review. Health Technology Assessment, 19(66), 1-130. View this article in WRRO
- (2015) Safety and efficacy of diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory insufficiency due to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (DiPALS): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Neurology, 14(9), 883-892. View this article in WRRO
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Cooper CL, Cross E, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J & McNamara PS (2014) SABRE: a multicentre randomised control trial of nebulised hypertonic saline in infants hospitalised with acute bronchiolitis. Thorax, 69(12), 1105-1112. View this article in WRRO
- McDermott CJ, Maguire C, Cooper CL, Ackroyd R, Baird WO, Baudouin S, Bentley A, Bianchi S, Bourke S, Bradburn MJ, Dixon S, Ealing J, Galloway S, Karat D, Maynard N, Morrison K, Mustfa N, Stradling J, Talbot K, Williams T & Shaw PJ (2012) Protocol for diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory muscle weakness due to motor neurone disease (DiPALS): a randomised controlled trial.. BMC Neurol, 12, 74. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper K, Squires H, Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Booth A, Logan RF, Maguire C, Hind D & Tappenden P (2010) Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 14(32), 1-206.
Conference proceedings papers
- Kirkpatrick S, Arden M, Beever DA, Bradley J, Cantrill H, Daniels T, Drabble S, Elston C, Flight W, Gates A, Horsley A, Hutchings M, Johnson S, Langman H, Maguire C, McVean R, Ryan S, Sanders R & Wildman M (2017) 368 CFHealthHub: development and evaluation of videos incorporating peer description of successful self-management with inhaled therapies in adults with CF used to build self-efficacy to support self-care within the CFHealthHub complex intervention. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16(Supplement 1) (pp S155-S156) View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Maguire C, Cantrill HR, O'Cathain A & Wildman M (2017) CFHealthHub: Complex intervention to support adherence to treatment in adults with cystic fibrosis: external pilot trial. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16 View this article in WRRO
- Hoo ZH, Waterhouse S, Nightingale J, Dewar J, Allenby M, Haynes F, Oliver C, Evans L, Maguire C, Cantrill HR & Wildman M (2017) CFHealthHub: Using Leeds criteria and clinicians´ decision to determine the Pseudomonas status among the 64 adults with cystic fibrosis in the two centre CFHealthHub (CFHH) pilot study. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16(Suppl 1) (pp S105-S106), 7 June 2017 - 10 August 2017. View this article in WRRO
- Everard M, Maguire C, Cantrill H & Hind D (2014) Late-breaking abstract: Hypertonic saline (HS) for acute bronchiolitis: Systematic review and meta-analysis. EUROPEAN RESPIRATORY JOURNAL, Vol. 44