Daniel Beever LLB (Hons) Law, Master of Public Health (Management & Leadership)
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 2.02, Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 0820
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 0870
I am currently the HighCALS Programme Manager, having joined the Sheffield Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) in July 2014 as a Research Assistant. I also provide advice and support to patient and public involvement (PPI) activity within the Unit, and I am the PPI lead and co-applicant on the ACtiF Programme Grant.
I originally joined ScHARR in February 2011, providing administrative support to both the CTRU and the Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH). Prior to that, I worked for the Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE).
- Patient and public involvement in research
- Qualitative methods
- Systematic reviews
- Reproductive health
- Cystic fibrosis
- NIHR PGfAR: Development and evaluation of an intervention to support Adherence to treatment in adults with Cystic Fibrosis (ACtiF). Co-Chief Investigators: Wildman M and O'Cathain A; Co-Applicants: Hind D, Arden M, Tappenden P, Beever D, Ainsworth J, Watkins J, Buchan I, Nicholl J, Bradley J, Mohammed M, Walters S, Elborn S, Michie S, Elliott R.
- HighCALS: A programme to develop and evaluate a complex intervention to achieve a high calorie diet for people with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- PAINTED: Pandemic Influenza Triage in the Emergency Department
- CFHealthHub: Development and evaluation of an intervention to support Adherence to treatment in adults with Cystic Fibrosis
- Peer reviewer for the Trials journal
- Member of the ScHARR Research Ethics Committee
- ScHARR personal tutor
- Associate editor of the ScHARR Student e-Journal
- An evaluation of risk-based monitoring in pragmatic trials in UK Clinical Trials Units. Trials, 20(1). View this article in WRRO
- Interventions to promote oral nutritional behaviours in people living with neurodegenerative disorders of the motor system : a systematic review. Clinical Nutrition. View this article in WRRO
- Health care professionals’ views on psychological factors affecting nutritional behaviour in people with motor neuron disease : a thematic analysis. British Journal of Health Psychology. View this article in WRRO
- The UK’s pandemic influenza research portfolio: a model for future research on emerging infections. The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 19(8), e295-e300. View this article in WRRO
- When is forgetting not forgetting? A discursive analysis of differences in forgetting talk between adults with cystic fibrosis with different levels of adherence to nebulizer treatments. Qualitative Health Research. View this article in WRRO
- Supporting medication adherence for adults with cystic fibrosis: a randomised feasibility study. BMC Pulmonary Medicine, 19. View this article in WRRO
- Enhanced recovery after elective caesarean: a rapid review of clinical protocols, and an umbrella review of systematic reviews. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 17(1). View this article in WRRO
- The assessment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis: a systematic review of psychometric validation studies. BMC Psychiatry, 16. View this article in WRRO
- The PAndemic INfluenza Triage in the Emergency Department (PAINTED) pilot study. Health Technology Assessment, 19(3). View this article in WRRO
- Supporting public involvement in research design and grant development: a case study of a public involvement award scheme managed by a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service (RDS). Health Expect.
- Development and evaluation of an intervention to support Adherence to treatment in adults with Cystic Fibrosis: A randomised controlled trial and parallel process evaluation protocol. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- View this article in WRRO A personal reflection on being a co-applicant in the ACtiF study. Research Involvement and Engagement, Vol. 3(Supplement 1)
- 368 CFHealthHub: development and evaluation of videos incorporating peer description of successful self-management with inhaled therapies in adults with CF used to build self-efficacy to support self-care within the CFHealthHub complex intervention. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16 (pp S155-S156) View this article in WRRO
- Supporting public involvement in research design and grant development: a case study of a public involvement award scheme managed by an NIHR Research Design Service. New Developments in Public Involvement in Research Conference. Exeter, 13 November 2013 - 15 November 2013.