Daniel Beever LLB (Hons) Law, Master of Public Health (Management & Leadership)
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 2.02, Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 0820
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 0870
I am currently the HighCALS Programme Manager, having joined the Sheffield Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) in July 2014 as a Research Assistant. I also provide advice and support to patient and public involvement (PPI) activity within the Unit, and I am the PPI lead and co-applicant on the ACtiF Programme Grant.
I originally joined ScHARR in February 2011, providing administrative support to both the CTRU and the Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH). Prior to that, I worked for the Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE).
- Patient and public involvement in research
- Qualitative methods
- Systematic reviews
- Reproductive health
- Cystic fibrosis
- NIHR PGfAR: Development and evaluation of an intervention to support Adherence to treatment in adults with Cystic Fibrosis (ACtiF). Co-Chief Investigators: Wildman M and O'Cathain A; Co-Applicants: Hind D, Arden M, Tappenden P, Beever D, Ainsworth J, Watkins J, Buchan I, Nicholl J, Bradley J, Mohammed M, Walters S, Elborn S, Michie S, Elliott R.
- HighCALS: A programme to develop and evaluate a complex intervention to achieve a high calorie diet for people with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- PAINTED: Pandemic Influenza Triage in the Emergency Department
- CFHealthHub: Development and evaluation of an intervention to support Adherence to treatment in adults with Cystic Fibrosis
- Peer reviewer for the Trials journal
- Member of the ScHARR Research Ethics Committee
- ScHARR personal tutor
- Associate editor of the ScHARR Student e-Journal
- Corso E, Hind D, Beever D, Fuller G, Wilson MJ, Wrench IJ & Chambers D (2017) Enhanced recovery after elective caesarean: a rapid review of clinical protocols, and an umbrella review of systematic reviews. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 17(1). View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Kaklamanou D, Beever DA, Webster R, Lee E, Barkham M & Cooper C (2016) The assessment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis: a systematic review of psychometric validation studies. BMC Psychiatry, 16. View this article in WRRO
- Goodacre S, Irving A, Wilson R, Beever D & Challen K (2015) The PAndemic INfluenza Triage in the Emergency Department (PAINTED) pilot study. Health Technology Assessment, 19(3). View this article in WRRO
- Boote JD, Twiddy M, Baird W, Birks Y, Clarke C & Beever D (2013) Supporting public involvement in research design and grant development: a case study of a public involvement award scheme managed by a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service (RDS). Health Expect.
Conference proceedings papers
- Beever DA & Wildman M (2017) A personal reflection on being a co-applicant in the ACtiF study. Research Involvement and Engagement, Vol. 3(Supplement 1) View this article in WRRO
- Kirkpatrick S, Arden M, Beever DA, Bradley J, Cantrill H, Daniels T, Drabble S, Elston C, Flight W, Gates A, Horsley A, Hutchings M, Johnson S, Langman H, Maguire C, McVean R, Ryan S, Sanders R & Wildman M (2017) 368 CFHealthHub: development and evaluation of videos incorporating peer description of successful self-management with inhaled therapies in adults with CF used to build self-efficacy to support self-care within the CFHealthHub complex intervention. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, Vol. 16(Supplement 1) (pp S155-S156) View this article in WRRO
- Boote JD & Beever DA (2013) Supporting public involvement in research design and grant development: a case study of a public involvement award scheme managed by an NIHR Research Design Service. New Developments in Public Involvement in Research Conference. Exeter, 13 November 2013 - 15 November 2013.