Helen Shulver BSc (Hons) Anatomy & Cell Biology
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Court
Room: 2.13, Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0)114 22 24394
I joined the Clinical Trials Research Unit in July 2019 as a Study Manager for the VTE feasibility study. Previously I managed the laboratory at the Cancer Clinical Trials Centre, Weston Park Hospital, a busy laboratory handling samples for over 80 active cancer clinical trials.
Prior to joining the University, I worked at a human tissue-based drug discovery company, managing its extensive tissue bank of human frozen and fixed specimens and running immunohistochemical assays for large pharmaceutical company’s. I have also worked within the National Blood Service in Tissue Services, retrieving and processing cadaveric tissues for transplant.
• VTEAM – The cost effectiveness of venous thromboembolism risk assessment tools for hospital inpatients.
Helen Shulver is based in Design, Trials and Statistics
- Associations Between Serum Bone Biomarkers in Early Breast Cancer and Development of Bone Metastasis: Results From the AZURE (BIG01/04) Trial. JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 110(8), 871-879. View this article in WRRO
- A method of dissecting the pelvic floor to allow anatomical validation of images of the soft tissues. Clinical Anatomy, 20(3), 322-325.
- The surgery of 'inguino-femoral' lymph nodes: is it adequate or excessive?. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, 14(5), 841-845.
- The anatomy of the perineal membrane: its relationship to injury in childbirth and episiotomy. The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 42(2), 193-196.