Patrick Phillips RN, BSc, MSc
Clinical Trials Research Unit
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Office: Room 2.11, Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 22 25158
Fax: +44 (0)114 22 20870
I started work in ScHARR in 2014 after completing an MSc in Clinical Research at the University of Sheffield (ScHARR). I was employed to work on the NIHR Vascular Services Research Programme Grant (RP PG 1210-12009) where I was involved in systematic reviewing, the conduct of primary research and study management. My role also involved part time work at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield as a Clinical Research Nurse.
My current role is Study Manager on the DAFNEplus Trial which is being conducted as part of an NIHR programme grant (RP-PG-0514-20013).
• Systematic reviewing
• Complex interventions
• Module tutor on HAR6043: Introduction to Research Methods (online)
• Personal tutor and dissertation supervisor for ScHARR postgraduate students
Patrick is based in Design, Trials and Statistics
- Phillips P, Lumley E, Duncan R, Aber A, Woods HB, Jones GL & Michaels J (2018) A systematic review of qualitative research into people's experiences of living with venous leg ulcers.. Journal of advanced nursing, 74(3), 550-563. View this article in WRRO
- Goka EA, Phillips P, Poku E, Essat ME, Woods HB, Walters SJ, Kaltenthaler EC, Shackley P & Michaels J (2017) The Relationship between Hospital or Surgeon Volume and Outcomes in Lower Limb Vascular Surgery in the United Kingdom and Europe. Annals of Vascular Surgery, 45, 271-286. View this article in WRRO
- Aber A, Poku E, Phillips P, Essat M, Buckley Woods H, Palfreyman S, Kaltenthaler E, Jones G & Michaels J (2017) Systematic review of patient-reported outcome measures in patients with varicose veins. British Journal of Surgery, 104(11), 1424-1432. View this article in WRRO
- Phillips P, Poku E, Essat M, Woods HB, Goka EA, Kaltenthaler EC, Shackley P, Walters S & Michaels JA (2017) Systematic review of carotid artery procedures and the volume-outcome relationship in Europe.. The British journal of surgery, 104(10), 1273-1283. View this article in WRRO
- Phillips P & Phillips J (2017) Hysterectomy With Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy or Both for Women With Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer.. Clinical nurse specialist CNS, 31(4), 189-190.
- Phillips P (2017) Omega 3 fatty acids for the treatment of dementia: a Cochrane review summary.. International journal of nursing studies, 67, 83-84.
- Phillips P, Poku E, Essat M, Woods HB, Goka EA, Kaltenthaler EC, Walters S, Shackley P & Michaels J (2017) Procedure Volume and the Association with Short-term Mortality Following Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair in European Populations: A Systematic Review.. European journal of vascular and endovascular surgery : the official journal of the European Society for Vascular Surgery, 53(1), 77-88. View this article in WRRO
- Poku E, Duncan R, Keetharuth A, Essat M, Phillips P, Woods HB, Palfreyman S, Jones G, Kaltenthaler E & Michaels J (2016) Patient-reported outcome measures in patients with peripheral arterial disease: a systematic review of psychometric properties.. Health and quality of life outcomes, 14(1), 161. View this article in WRRO
- Phillips P (2016) Pharmacotherapy: anxiety and comorbid alcohol use.. Nursing times, 112(12-13), 24.
- Phillips P (2015) “Mediterranean” Dietary Pattern for the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 30(3), 188-189.
- Phillips P (2014) Telephone follow-up for patients eligible for cardiac rehab: A systematic review. British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, 9(4), 186-197.