Tim Chater BSc (Hons) Computer Science, Leeds
Data and Information Systems Manager
Clinical Trials Research Unit
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: +44 (0)114 22 20876
Fax: +44 (0)114 22 20749
email : email@example.com
I have worked at the University of Sheffield since December 2003 and was Database Manager for the Multiple Sclerosis Risk Sharing Scheme Monitoring Study and the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network (PICANet) before joining the Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) when it formed in 2006.
I am part of the CTRU data management team which provides data management services, support and advice to various trials, studies and registries. I have developed many of our data management policies and standard operating procedures. I work with epiGenesys to develop our systems, and I have helped to bring in research income to the CTRU by providing databases to studies run by external organisations such as the Medical Research Council.
Before joining the University, I worked at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, creating and managing a database system for paediatric intensive care admissions.
Please click here for a full list of Tim Chater's publications.
- Sprange K, Mountain GA, Brazier J, Cook SP, Craig C, Hind D, Walters SJ, Windle G, Woods R, Keetharuth AD, Chater T & Horner K (2013) Lifestyle Matters for maintenance of health and wellbeing in people aged 65 years and over: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.. Trials, 14, 302. View this article in WRRO
- Parker SG, Oliver P, Pennington M, Bond J, Jagger C, Enderby P, Curless R, Vanoli A, Fryer K, Julious S, John A, Chater T, Cooper C & Dyer C (2011) Rehabilitation of older patients: day hospital compared with rehabilitation at home. Clinical outcomes.. Age Ageing, 40(5), 557-562.
- Relton C, Bissell P, Smith C, Blackburn J, Cooper CL, Nicholl J, Tod A, Copeland R, Loban A, Chater T, Thomas K, Young T, Weir C, Harrison G, Millbourn A & Manners R (2011) South Yorkshire Cohort: a 'cohort trials facility' study of health and weight - protocol for the recruitment phase.. BMC Public Health, 11, 640. View this article in WRRO
- Parslow RC, Tasker RC, Draper ES, Parry GJ, Jones S, Chater T, Thiru K, McKinney PA & Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Ne (2009) Epidemiology of critically ill children in England and Wales: incidence, mortality, deprivation and ethnicity. ARCH DIS CHILD, 94(3), 210-215.
- Pickin M, Cooper CL, Chater T, O'Hagan A, Abrams KR, Cooper NJ, Boggild M, Palace J, Ebers G, Chilcott JB, Tappenden P & Nicholl J (2009) The Multiple Sclerosis Risk Sharing Scheme Monitoring Study--early results and lessons for the future.. BMC Neurol, 9, 1. View this article in WRRO