Developing and testing methods for deriving condition-specific preference-based measures from existing measures (COSMeQ)
The COSMeQ project reviewed, developed and tested methods for deriving condition-specific preference-based measures (CSPBM) to generate QALYs from existing measures. The project examined issues such as:
- the methodological challenges of developing a preference-based measure for common mental health problems
- whether labelling the underlying condition affects utility values
- comparing the performance of condition-specific measures to generic measures and to the non-preference-based measure it was derived from
- the adaptation of measures to be able to capture co-morbidities and side-effects of treatment through adding on a generic dimension to a CSPBM
The COSMeQ study was funded by MRC-NIHR Methodology Research Programme, project number 06/97/04.
- Mavranezouli I, Brazier JE, Rowen D, Barkham M. Estimating a Preference-Based Index from the Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluation – Outcome Measure (CORE-OM): valuation of CORE-6D. Medical Decision Making 2013; 33(8):381-395
- Brazier J, Rowen D, Mavranezouli I, Tsuchiya A, Young T, Yang Y. (2012) Developing and testing methods for deriving preference-based measures of health from condition specific measures (and other patient based measures of outcome). Health Technology Assessment, 2012;16(32)
- Rowen D, Brazier JE, Young T, Gaugris S. Comparison of generic, condition-specific and mapped health state utility values for multiple myeloma cancer Value in Health 2012, 15(8):1059-1068
- Rowen D, Mulhern B, Banerjee S, Hout BV, Young TA, Knapp M, Smith SC, Lamping DL, Brazier JE. Estimating preference-based single index measures for dementia using DEMQOL and DEMQOL-Proxy. Value Health 2012; 15(2):346-356
- Brazier JE, Rowen D, Tsuchiya A, Yang Y, Young T. The impact of adding a generic dimension to a condition-specific preference-based measure. Social Science and Medicine 2011, 73(2),245-253.
- Rowen D, Brazier J, Young T, Gaugris S, Craig BM, King MT, Velikova G. Deriving a preference-based measure for cancer using the EORTC QLQ-C30. Value in Health 2011 14(5),721-731.
- Rowen D, Brazier JE, Tsuchiya A, Young T, Ibbotson R. It’s all in the name, or is it? The impact of labelling on health state values. Medical Decision Making 2012, 32(1), 31-40
- Mulhern B, Smith SC, Rowen D, Brazier JE, et al. Improving the measurement of QALYs in Dementia: Developing patient- and carer-reported health state classification systems using Rasch analysis. Value in Health 2012; 15(2):346-356
- Brazier J, Tsuchiya A. Preference-based condition-specific measures of health: What happens to cross programme comparability? Health Economics 2010;19(2):125-9.
- Young T, Rowen D, Norquist J, Brazier J. Developing preference-based health measures: using Rasch analysis to generate health state values. Quality of Life Research 2010;19:907-17.
If you would like further information about this work, please contact email@example.com