Ahmed Aber BSc(Hons), MBBS, MRCS (ENG), MSc
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 4029
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0740
Ahmed obtained his primary medical degree from Bart's and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry and previously completed a bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering. He is also a vascular surgery trainee from the East Midlands region. Prior to joining ScHARR he was awarded a Master's degree in Health Economics & Health Policy from the University of Birmingham.
He joined the Health Economics and Decision Science section of ScHARR in February 2016 to work on an NIHR funded study: The design, development and commissioning of patient focused vascular services - impact of vascular conditions on quality of life.
Developing disease specific patient reported outcomes (PROMS)
Mixed method analysis
Economic evaluation of Vascular Surgery Interventions
Data mining & Artificial Intelligence
NIHR Vascular Programme Grant RP PG 1210-12009
I am a member of:
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Vascular society of Great Britain and Ireland
European Society of Vascular Surgery
British Society of Endovascular Therapy
- Hemanth DJ, Aber A & al-Rifaie MM (2015) Deploying swarm intelligence in medical imaging identifying metastasis, micro-calcifications and brain image segmentation. IET Systems Biology, 9(6), 234-244.
- Rashid F, Aber A & Iftikhar SY (2012) A review on gastric diverticulum. World Journal of Emergency Surgery, 7(1). View this article in WRRO
- al-Rifaie MM & Aber A (2015) Dispersive Flies Optimisation and Medical Imaging In Fidanova S (Ed.), Recent Advances in Computational Optimization (pp. 183-203). Cham: Springer.
Conference proceedings papers
- Al-Rifaie MM, Aber A, Sayers R, Choke E & Bown M (2014) Deploying swarm intelligence in medical imaging. Proceedings - 2014 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, IEEE BIBM 2014 (pp 14-21)
- Al-Rifaie MM, Aber A & Oudah AM (2012) Utilising Stochastic Diffusion Search to identify metastasis in bone scans and microcalcifications on mammographs. Proceedings - 2012 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine Workshops, BIBMW 2012 (pp 280-287)
- Al-Rifaie MM, Bishop MJ & Aber A (2011) Creative or not? Birds and ants draw with muscles. AISB 2011: Computing and Philosophy (pp 23-30)