The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Direct telephone: (+44) (0)114 222 2989
General office fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the HEDS section of ScHARR in 2017. Previously, I completed a PhD in the department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering (2013), investigating the spatiotemporal dynamics of inflammatory neutrophils and went on to work in the Dynamics Research Group in Mechanical Engineering, applying machine learning models to predict loads on aircraft landing gear from other flight data measurements. I have degrees in Mathematics from Nottingham University (1989) and in Biblical and Religious Studies from Cambridge University (1992).
Bridging the Age Gap: a study funded by the National Institute for Health Research that aims to optimize the management of older women with breast cancer and reduce the age-gap in breast cancer outcomes between older and younger women.
- Holmes G, Sartor P, Reed S, Southern P, Worden K & Cross E (2016) Prediction of landing gear loads using machine learning techniques. Structural Health Monitoring, 15(5), 568-582.
- Robertson AL, Holmes GR, Bojarczuk AN, Burgon J, Loynes CA, Chimen M, Sawtell AK, Hamza B, Willson J, Walmsley SR, Anderson SR, Coles MC, Farrow SN, Solari R, Jones S, Prince LR, Irimia D, Rainger GE, Kadirkamanathan V, Whyte MKB & Renshaw SA (2014) A zebrafish compound screen reveals modulation of neutrophil reverse migration as an anti-inflammatory mechanism.. Sci Transl Med, 6(225), 225ra29. View this article in WRRO
- Holmes GR, Anderson SR, Dixon G, Robertson AL, Reyes-Aldasoro CC, Billings SA, Renshaw SA & Kadirkamanathan V (2012) Repelled from the wound, or randomly dispersed? Reverse migration behaviour of neutrophils characterized by dynamic modelling.. J R Soc Interface, 9(77), 3229-3239. View this article in WRRO
- Kadirkamanathan V, Anderson SR, Billings SA, Zhang X, Holmes GR, Reyes-Aldasoro CC, Elks PM & Renshaw SA (2012) The neutrophil's eye-view: Inference and visualisation of the chemoattractant field driving cell chemotaxis in vivo. PLoS ONE, 7(4). View this article in WRRO
- Holmes GR, Dixon G, Anderson SR, Reyes-Aldasoro CC, Elks PM, Billings SA, Whyte MKB, Kadirkamanathan V & Renshaw SA (2012) Drift-Diffusion Analysis of Neutrophil Migration during Inflammation Resolution in a Zebrafish Model.. Adv Hematol, 2012, 792163. View this article in WRRO