Suzy Paisley BA (Liverpool), MA (Loughborough), PhD (Sheffield)
Director of Innovation and Knowledge Transfer, Senior Research Fellow
Information Resources Group, HEDS, ScHARR
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0704
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined ScHARR Information Resources at its inception in 1994. In 2000 I was seconded to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), as a Technical Lead in the Appraisals Team. I returned to ScHARR as Managing Director of the Technology Assessment Reviews (TARs) programme funded UK NHS HTA Programme. In 2003 I was awarded a UK Department of Health fellowship looking at the retrieval and use of evidence in decision-analytic models of cost-effectiveness.
In 2009 I became Head of the ScHARR Information Resources Group (IRG) leading the Group's research and teaching activities and managing the information service for ScHARR staff and students and for NHS staff through the Yorkshire and Humber Research Design Service (RDS).
I am Associate Director of the NICE Public Health Collaborating Centre (PHCC) at ScHARR and of the Department of Health Economic Evaluation Policy Research Unit (EEPRU) based at ScHARR and the University of York
Information retrieval methods and problem structuring methods to support evidence synthesis. Specific areas of interest:
- Use of evidence in the specification and population of decision-analytic models
- Retrieval of evidence for reviews of complex interventions
- MSc in Health Economics and Decision Modelling (HEDM) (Research Methods unit, Joint Lead)
- MSc in International Health Technology Assessment, Pricing and Reimbursement (iHRAPR) (proposed) (Use of Evidence in the Design and Development of Models unit, Lead)
- Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) Information Resources Group
- InterTASC Information Specialists' Subgroup (ISSG)
- Cochrane Information Retrieval Methods Group (IRMG)
- Campbell and Cochrane Economics Methods Group (CCEMG)
- Department of Health Economic Evaluation Policy Research Unit (DH EEPRU).
Co-investigator (PI: John Brazier). Department of Health (2010-2015)
- NICE Public Health Collaborating Centre.
Joint PI (with Ron Akehurst, Jim Chilcott, Liddy Goyder). NICE (2008-2011, 2011-2012)
- Angioplasty for peripheral arterial occulsive disease (PAOD): systematic review.
Co-applicant (PI: Jonathon Michaels). NIHR HTA (2010-2011)
- Paisley S (2016) Identification of Evidence for Key Parameters in Decision-Analytic Models of Cost Effectiveness: A Description of Sources and a Recommended Minimum Search Requirement. PharmacoEconomics, 34(6), 597-608. View this article in WRRO
- Archer R, Paisley S, Essat M, Preston L & Thornhill M (2015) ITERATIVE SIFTING IN THE SELECTION OF RESEARCH EVIDENCE: IMPLICATIONS FOR REVIEWS AND OTHER DECISION PROBLEMS. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 31(1-2), 54-58. View this article in WRRO
- Preston L, Carroll C, Gardois P, Paisley S & Kaltenthaler E (2015) Improving search efficiency for systematic reviews of diagnostic test accuracy: an exploratory study to assess the viability of limiting to MEDLINE, EMBASE and reference checking. Systematic Reviews, 4(1). View this article in WRRO
- Kaltenthaler E, Essat M, Tappenden P & Paisley S (2014) IDENTIFICATION AND REVIEW OF COST-EFFECTIVENESS MODEL PARAMETERS: A QUALITATIVE STUDY. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 30(03), 333-340. View this article in WRRO
- Kaltenthaler E, Tappenden P & Paisley S (2013) Reviewing the evidence to inform the population of cost-effectiveness models within health technology assessments. Value in Health, 16(5), 830-836. View this article in WRRO
- Wong R, Paisley S & Carroll C (2013) Assessing searches in NICE single technology appraisals: practice and checklist.. Int J Technol Assess Health Care, 29(3), 315-322.
- Connell J, Brazier J, O'Cathain A, Lloyd-Jones M & Paisley S (2012) Quality of life of people with mental health problems: a synthesis of qualitative research.. Health Qual Life Outcomes, 10, 138. View this article in WRRO
- Paisley S (2010) Classification of evidence in decision-analytic models of cost-effectiveness: a content analysis of published reports.. Int J Technol Assess Health Care, 26(4), 458-462.
- Glanville J & Paisley S (2010) Identifying economic evaluations for health technology assessment. INT J TECHNOL ASSESS, 26(4), 436-440.
- Kaltenthaler E, Tappenden P, Paisley S & Squires H (2011) Identifying and reviewing evidence to inform the conceptualisation and population of cost-effectiveness models (Nice DSU Technical Support Document : 13)