University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 4349
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
ORCiD: 0000-0002- 6552-5153
I joined HEDS as a Research Associate in October 2016. In my previous role, I worked as a Research Assistant at the University of Leeds. My research interests include measurement and valuation of health outcomes, economic evaluation of health interventions, mental health, and DCEs.
I am working on three projects: 1)Patient preferences for adults with steroid resistant ulcerative colitis - PoPSTER; 2) Patient preferences for treatment options for Pilonidal sinus - PITSTOP; and 3) RCT assessing the non-inferiority of counselling and its effectiveness for depression.
- Master of Science in Evidence-Based Social Intervention, University of Oxford, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts - International Studies and Economics, Earlham College, United States of America, 2011
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Keen J, Nicklin E, Wickramasekera N, Long A, Randell R, Ginn C, McGinnis E, Willis S & Whittle J (2018) From embracing to managing risks. BMJ Open, 8(11). View this article in WRRO
- Keen J, Nicklin E, Long A, Randell R, Wickramasekera N, Gates C, Ginn C, McGinnis E, Willis S & Whittle J (2018) Quality and safety between ward and board: a biography of artefacts study. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(22), 1-142. View this article in WRRO
- Elsey H, Farragher T, Tubeuf S, Bragg R, Elings M, Brennan C, Gold R, Shickle D, Wickramasekera N, Richardson Z , Cade J et al (2018) Assessing the impact of care farms on quality of life and offending: a pilot study among probation service users in England. BMJ Open, 8(3), e019296-e019296. View this article in WRRO
- Wickramasekera N, Wright J, Elsey H, Murray J & Tubeuf S (2015) Cost of crime: A systematic review. Journal of Criminal Justice, 43(3), 218-228.
Conference proceedings papers
- Wickramasekera N, Howard A & Shackley P (2018) PCV153 - ELICITING PUBLIC PREFERENCES FOR REORGANIZATION OF VASCULAR SERVICES IN THE UK. Value in Health, Vol. 21 (pp S117-S117)
- Gopalakrishna G, Langendam M, Scholten R, Bossuyt P, Leeflang M, Noel-Storr A, Thomas J, Marshall I, Wallace B, Whiting P , Davenport C et al (2017) Methods for Evaluating Medical Tests and Biomarkers. Diagnostic and Prognostic Research, Vol. 1(Suppl 1), 19 July 2016 - 20 July 2016. View this article in WRRO
- Wickramasekera N, Howard A & Shackley P (2018) ELICITING PUBLIC PREFERENCES FOR REORGANIZATION OF VASCULAR SERVICES IN THE UK.
- Phillips P, Shackley P, Wickramasekera N & Howard A (2018) Using public preferences to quantify the burden of travel to specialist vascular centres for abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment in the UK. RCN International Research Conference.
- Wickramasekera N (2016) The impact of care farms on quality of life among different population groups: a systematic review.. HSRUK Symposium.