Dr Emma Wilson BSc(Hons) Nottingham, PhD Nottingham
NIHR Vascular Programme Manager
ScHARR HEDS, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Direct telephone: (+44) (0)114 222 0756
General office fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I completed a BSc(Hons) in Biology with the University of Nottingham in 2009 and then preceded to study for a PhD in Clinical Respiratory Medicine with The University of Nottingham and Nottingham NIHR Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit. I completed my PhD which was investigating adult asthma in UK primary care in 2012. I worked as a Post-doctorate Research Fellow with the University of Nottingham for a year researching the impact of reducing costs in asthma management in UK primary care. I joined ScHARR (HEDS) in 2013 as the NIHR Vascular Services Research Programme Grant Manager.
My research interests are cost effectiveness of health care services, provision of patient centered health services and patient involvement in research.
- NIHR Vascular Services Research Programme Grant
- I am currently overseeing the MClin Res HAR6051 Module (Practical Aspects of Clinical Research) with Liz Croot.
- I teach on the MPH HAR6030 Module (Introduction to Research Methods).
- I am involved with some Medical School Teaching.
- I am a dissertation supervisor.
- I sit on the HEDS Teaching and Functional Working Group and the ScHARR Teaching Committee.
- I am a ScHARR elected member of the University of Sheffield Senate.
- I am the ScHARR student study skills co-ordinator.
- I am currently working towards the University of Sheffield CiLT qualification
This person does not have any publications available.