Centre for Urgent and Emergency Care Research (CURE)
Health Services Research
School of Health and Related Research
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
I joined the university in 2015, to work on data management for MCRU projects, and became part of CURE when it was set up in 2016. I graduated from the University of Leeds in 2007 with a BSc in Biology, and worked in data management for HE procurement systems for seven years before joining ScHARR.
- IDEA: Invasive Dentistry - Endocarditis Association - a study of the link between invasive dental procedures and critical medical events (infective endocarditis, myocardial infarction, stroke, pulmonary embolus and spontaneous pre-term birth).
- PJI: do invasive dental procedures cause Prosthetic Joint Infections?
- YHS: the Yorkshire Health Study - the largest long term health study in Yorkshire.
- CHC: Connected Health Cities - linkage of routine data from urgent and emergency care providers across Yorkshire and the Humber, to establish a research database.
- PhOEBE: developing new ways of measuring the impact of ambulance service care.
- VAN: understanding variation in rates of ambulance service non-conveyance of patients to an emergency department.
- ARP: evaluation of the NHS England Ambulance Response Programme.
- Developing new ways of measuring the quality and impact of ambulance service care: the PhOEBE mixed-methods research programme. Programme Grants for Applied Research, 7(3). View this article in WRRO
- Outcomes for patients who contact the emergency ambulance service and are not transported to the Emergency Department: a data linkage study. Prehospital Emergency Care, 1-27. View this article in WRRO
- Understanding variation in ambulance service non-conveyance rates: a mixed methods study. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(19), 1-192. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- 20 Preventable mortality in patients at low risk of death requiring prehospital ambulance care: retrospective case record review study. BMJ Open, Vol. 8(Suppl 1) (pp A7-A8), 16 April 2018 - 18 April 2018. View this article in WRRO
- 80 Development of risk adjusted indicators of ems performance and quality (phoebe programme). BMJ Open, Vol. 8(Suppl 1) (pp A30-A30), 16 April 2018 - 18 April 2018. View this article in WRRO
- OP06 Multi-method development of new ambulance service quality and performance measures. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e2.1-e2)
- PP25 Using a linked health dataset to identify what happens to patients following prehospital care. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e9.2-e9)
- PP16 Creating a linked dataset to explore patient outcomes after leaving ambulance care. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e6.1-e6)
- PP12 New indicators for measuring patient survival following ambulance service care. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e4.1-e4)