Data Management Support Officer
Centre for Urgent and Emergency Care Research (CURE)
Health Services Research
School of Health and Related Research
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
I joined the university in 2015, to work on data management for MCRU projects, and became part of CURE when it was set up in 2016. I graduated from the University of Leeds in 2007 with a BSc in Biology, and worked in data management for HE procurement systems for seven years before joining ScHARR.
- IDEA: Invasive Dentistry - Endocarditis Association - a study of the link between invasive dental procedures and critical medical events (infective endocarditis, myocardial infarction, stroke, pulmonary embolus and spontaneous pre-term birth).
- PJI: do invasive dental procedures cause Prosthetic Joint Infections?
- YHS: the Yorkshire Health Study - the largest long term health study in Yorkshire.
- CHC: Connected Health Cities - linkage of routine data from urgent and emergency care providers across Yorkshire and the Humber, to establish a research database.
- PhOEBE: developing new ways of measuring the impact of ambulance service care.
- VAN: understanding variation in rates of ambulance service non-conveyance of patients to an emergency department.
- ARP: evaluation of the NHS England Ambulance Response Programme.
- Turner J, Siriwardena AN, Coster J, Jacques R, Irving A, Crum A, Gorrod HB, Nicholl J, Phung V-H, Togher F , Wilson R et al (2019) Developing new ways of measuring the quality and impact of ambulance service care: the PhOEBE mixed-methods research programme. Programme Grants for Applied Research, 7(3). View this article in WRRO
- Coster J, O'Cathain A, Jacques R, Crum A, Siriwardena N & Turner J (2018) Outcomes for patients who contact the emergency ambulance service and are not transported to the Emergency Department: a data linkage study. Prehospital Emergency Care, 1-27.
- O’Cathain A, Knowles E, Bishop-Edwards L, Coster J, Crum A, Jacques R, James C, Lawson R, Marsh M, O’Hara R , Siriwardena AN et al (2018) Understanding variation in ambulance service non-conveyance rates: a mixed methods study. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(19), 1-192. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Turner J, Jacques R, Coster J, Nicholl J, Crum A & Siriwardena N (2018) 80 Development of risk adjusted indicators of ems performance and quality (phoebe programme). BMJ Open, Vol. 8(Suppl 1) (pp A30-A30), 16 April 2018 - 18 April 2018. View this article in WRRO
- Siriwardena AN, Akanuwe J, Crum A, Coster J, Jacques R & Turner J (2018) 20 Preventable mortality in patients at low risk of death requiring prehospital ambulance care: retrospective case record review study. BMJ Open, Vol. 8(Suppl 1) (pp A7-A8), 16 April 2018 - 18 April 2018. View this article in WRRO
- Coster J, O’Cathain A, Crum A, Jacques R, Nicholl J & Turner J (2017) PP25 Using a linked health dataset to identify what happens to patients following prehospital care. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e9-e9)
- Crum A, Coster J, Turner J & Siriwardena N (2017) PP16 Creating a linked dataset to explore patient outcomes after leaving ambulance care. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e6-e6)
- Coster J, Jacques R, Turner J, Crum A, Nicholl J & Siriwardena AN (2017) PP12 New indicators for measuring patient survival following ambulance service care. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e4-e4)
- Coster J, Siriwardena AN, Turner J, Jacques R, Crum A & Nicholl J (2017) OP06 Multi-method development of new ambulance service quality and performance measures. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(10) (pp e2-e2)