Data Linkage Specialist
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
I joined ScHARR in January 2014 after graduating with a BSc in Mathematics from the University of Edinburgh and subsequently modelling uncertainty in flow measurement systems, mainly for the petrochemical industry.
My research is focused on emergency care services, especially identifying measures to monitor performance and evaluate changes to services.
I previously supported work on the appraisal of alcohol policies through decision modelling, with a particular focus on specialist alcohol treatment services.
Links to projects on which I currently, or have previously, worked can be found in the Quick Links box.
- The impact of closing emergency departments on mortality in emergencies : an observational study. Emergency Medicine Journal, 36, 645-651. View this article in WRRO
- Modeling the Potential Impact of Changing Access Rates to Specialist Treatment for Alcohol Dependence for Local Authorities in England: The Specialist Treatment for Alcohol Model (STreAM).. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs Supplement(Sup 18), 96-109. View this article in WRRO
- Why do ambulance services have different non-transport rates? A national cross sectional study.. PLoS ONE, 13(9). View this article in WRRO
- Urgent care axis for the older adult: where is best to target interventions?. Emergency medicine journal. View this article in WRRO
- Closing five Emergency Departments in England between 2009 and 2011: the closED controlled interrupted time-series analysis. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(27). View this article in WRRO
- Understanding variation in ambulance service non-conveyance rates: a mixed methods study. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(19), 1-192. View this article in WRRO
- Exploring the characteristics, acuity and management of adult ED patients at night-time. Emergency Medicine Journal. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- 59 Ambulance over-conveyance to the emergency department: a large data analysis of ambulance journeys. BMJ Open, Vol. 8(Suppl 1) (pp a22-a23), 16 April 2018 - 18 April 2018. View this article in WRRO
- 12 Explaining variation in rates of non-transport between emergency ambulance services. BMJ Open, Vol. 8(Suppl 1) (pp A5-A5), 16 April 2018 - 18 April 2018. View this article in WRRO
- 17 Exploring ambulance conveyances to the emergency department: a descriptive analysis of non-urgent transports. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(12) (pp A872-A873)