Data Linkage Specialist
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
I joined ScHARR in January 2014 after graduating with a BSc in Mathematics from the University of Edinburgh and subsequently modelling uncertainty in flow measurement systems, mainly for the petrochemical industry.
My research is focused on emergency care services, especially identifying measures to monitor performance and evaluate changes to services.
I previously supported work on the appraisal of alcohol policies through decision modelling, with a particular focus on specialist alcohol treatment services.
Links to projects on which I currently, or have previously, worked can be found in the Quick Links box.
- Brennan A, Hill-McManus D, Stone T, Buykx P, Ally A, Pryce RE, Alston R, Jones A, Cairns D, Millar T , Donmall M et al (2019) Modeling the Potential Impact of Changing Access Rates to Specialist Treatment for Alcohol Dependence for Local Authorities in England: The Specialist Treatment for Alcohol Model (STreAM).. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs Supplement, Sup 18(s18), 96-109.
- O'Cathain A, Jacques R, Stone T & Turner J (2018) Why do ambulance services have different non-transport rates? A national cross sectional study.. PLoS One, 13(9). View this article in WRRO
- Bunn JG, Croft S, O'Keeffe C, Jacques R, Simpson RM, Stone T, Conroy SP & Mason S (2018) Urgent care axis for the older adult: where is best to target interventions?. Emergency medicine journal. View this article in WRRO
- Knowles EL, Shephard N, Stone T, Bishop-Edwards L, Hirst E, Abouzeid L, Mason S & Nicholl J (2018) Closing five Emergency Departments in England between 2009 and 2011: the closED controlled interrupted time-series analysis. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(27). View this article in WRRO
- O’Cathain A, Knowles E, Bishop-Edwards L, Coster J, Crum A, Jacques R, James C, Lawson R, Marsh M, O’Hara R , Siriwardena AN et al (2018) Understanding variation in ambulance service non-conveyance rates: a mixed methods study. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(19), 1-192. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Miles J, O'Keeffe C, Jacques R, Stone T & Mason S (2017) 17 Exploring ambulance conveyances to the emergency department: a descriptive analysis of non-urgent transports. Emergency Medicine Journal, Vol. 34(12) (pp a872-a873)
- Turner J, Jacques R, Crum A, Coster J, Stone A & Nicholl J (2017) Ambulance Response Programme Evaluation of Phase 1 and Phase 2 Final Report
- Pryce RE, Buykx P, Gray L, Stone T, Drummond C & Brennan A (2017) Estimates of alcohol dependence in England based on APMS 2014, including estimates of children living in a household with an adult with alcohol dependence. Prevalence, trends, and amenability to treatment
- Brennan A, Buykx P, Pryce RE, Jones A, Hill-McManus D, Stone T, Ally A, Gillespie D, Meier P, Alston R , Cairns D et al (2016) An Evidence-Based Model for Estimating Requirements for Specialist Alcohol Treatment Capacity in England The Specialist Treatment for Alcohol Model (STreAM) Version 1.0
- Holmes J, Angus C, Buykx P, Ally A, Stone A, Meier P & Brennan A (2016) Mortality and morbidity risks from alcohol consumption in the UK: Analyses using the Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model (v.2.7) to inform the UK Chief Medical Officers’ review of the UK lower risk drinking guidelines