Elizabeth Lumley BA (Hons), MSc in Clinical Research, RGN
Research Associate, RGN
Medical Care Research Unit
Health Services Research
School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 22 24294
I completed my MSc in Clinical Research at The University of Sheffield (ScHARR) in 2014 gaining a distinction. Prior to this I was a Registered General Nurse in the NHS working in Upper Gastro-Intestinal (GI) Surgery. Whilst nursing I completed an NIHR research internship in conjunction with Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for South Yorkshire (CLAHRC-SY).
Following on from the internship I worked as a research assistant on a project ‘Examining the additional care needs of obese patients with leg ulcers’, in collaboration with researchers from both The University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University; this was funded by the then CLAHRC-SY Obesity theme.
I joined ScHARR in 2014, initially in HEDS, as a research associate to work on the NIHR Vascular Services Programme Grant contributing to a range of research with the aim of evaluating vascular services and make recommendations regarding patient focused care.
In 2017 I commenced an additional post in Health Services Research as part of the Medical Care Research Unit working as a qualitative research associate on the ACtiF project. This will involve interviews with cystic fibrosis patients to evaluate the impact of an intervention that has been designed to improve adherence to nebuliser treatment.
I have a wide range of academic research interests spanning health; including obesity, improving health, patient experience, quality of life and qualitative research methods and practice.
Introduction to research methods, qualitative research methods, MSc in Clinical Research dissertation marking.
Member of Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) NMC no. 09E0445E
I am a member of the Evidence Based Council (EBC) within Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The EBC is an initiative that promotes and supports evidence based practice, and brings together clinical staff involved in a variety of projects within the trust.
• NIHR Vascular Programme Grant RP PG 1210-12009
• ACtiF: Improving Adherence to Nebulisers in Adults with Cystic Fibrosis.
• An exploratory study to review nursing written documentation.
• Advances in Patient Reported Outcomes Research Conference 2017
• ‘Examining the relevance of PROMs to patients: A systematic review of qualitative research capturing which QoL domains are important to patients.’ – oral presentation
• RCN International Research Conference 2017
• ‘Are we seeing the whole picture? Capturing the impact of treatments and interventions on HRQoL in clinical settings.’ – oral presentation
• ‘Living with vascular disease: A qualitative study.’ – poster presentation
• European Obesity Congress 2014
• ‘Weight Management: Are Healthcare Professionals Missing Opportunities?’ – poster
• RCN International Research Conference 2014
• ‘The Impact of Obesity on Providing Care for Patients with Leg Ulcers.’ - poster
Please follow this link for the extended list of publications.
Publications list unavailable
There was a problem trying to get this page's list of publications. Please try again later.