Joe Hulin, PhD
Mental Health Research Unit
School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0) 114 222 4054
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the Health Service Research department of ScHARR in October 2015. Prior to this I completed my PhD, which focused on decision-making and dental anxiety, at the School of Clinical Dentistry. I am currently working on a number of research projects relating to individuals who have coexisting mental and long-term physical health conditions.
My main interests centre on the impact of mental health and physical co-morbidities and the analysis of routinely collected datasets in health services research.
- HAR6051: Practical Aspects of Clinical Research
- HAR679: Dissertation Supervisor
- The Medical School: Community Attachment Scheme
- Personal tutor
- CLAHRC-II: Mental health and Comorbidity project
- PaWS: Pet therapy in collaboration with the University Counselling Service
- Wood EF, Ohlsen S, Thompson J, Hulin J & Knowles L (2017) The feasibility of brief dog assisted therapy on university students stress levels: The PAwS study.. Journal of Mental Health. View this article in WRRO
- Hulin J, Baker SR, Marshman Z, Albadri S & Rodd HD (2017) Development of a decision aid for children faced with the decision to undergo dental treatment with sedation or general anaesthesia. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, 27(5), 344-355. View this article in WRRO
- Mitchell CA, Pitt A, Hulin J, Lawson R, Ashby F, Appelqvist I & Delaney B (2016) Respiratory health screening for opiate misusers in a specialist community clinic: a mixed-methods pilot study, with integrated staff and service user feedback.. BMJ Open, 6(10). View this article in WRRO
- Hulin J (2014) Decision aids in paediatric dental sedation: helping children choose what is right for them.. SAAD Dig, 30, 32.