Dr Nasrin Nasr, PhD, MSc, PgCert in Health Care Education, BSc, AHEA
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 1.09b, First Floor, the Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 2972
Fax: +44 (0) 114 272 4095 (non confidential)
I am a physiotherapist by background. I was awarded my PhD in patient-reported outcome measures from Sheffield Hallam University in 2007. I joined the Centre for Health and Social Care Research at Hallam University in 2008 and seconded to the ScHARR in 2009. I started a substantive position as research associate in the ScHARR and within the Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology group in January 2012.
• The SCRIPT: Supervised Care and Rehabilitation Involving Personal Tele-Robotics, EU funded project (Co-investigator)
• Life with stroke: The Crucible programme (Principal investigator)
• A feasibility study to explore existing insole technology expansion to other long term conditions, CLAHRC YH (Co-investigator)
My research experience and interests are:
• Interdisciplinary research
• Qualitative research particularly Narrative inquiry
• Using Patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs)
• Examining Response Shift theory in the measurement of change
• User-centred design methods and experience-based approach
• Evaluating complex health interventions
Teaching experience and interests
My teaching experience includes qualitative methods and complex evaluation methods. I am joint leader for the short course Evaluating Programmes, Technology and Other Complex Interventions (EPTOCI) and Masters module Complex Evaluation Methods.
• Associate member of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
• Member of the Society for Research in Rehabilitation
• Nasr, N., Leon, B., Mountain, G., Nijenhuis, S.M., Prange, G., Sale, P., Amirabollahian, F. (2015). The experience of living with stroke and using technology: opportunities to engage and co-design with end users. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol, Early Online: 1–8, 2015 Informa UK Ltd. DOI: 10.3109/17483107.2015.1036469
• Nasr, N., Enderby, P., Parry, A. (2012). Redefinition of life experience following total hip replacement: a qualitative study. Disability and Rehabilitation, 34, 10: 802-810.
• Nasr, N., Enderby, P. (2014). Redefinition of life experience following Total Hip Replacement: Analysis of narrative as performance. International Journal of Orthopaedic and Trauma, 18: 89-98.
• Mawson, S., Nasr, N., Parker, J., Zheng, H., Davies, R., Mountain G. (2013). Developing a personalised self-management system for post stroke rehabilitation: utilising a user-centred design methodology. Disability and Rehabilitation. Assistive Technology. 9(6):521-528 Nov 2014
• Parker, J., Mawson, S., Mountain, G., Nasr, N., Davies, R., Zheng, H. (2013). The provision of feedback through computer based technology to promote self managed post stroke rehabilitation in the home. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol, 9(6):529-538 Nov 2014
• Nasr, N., Torsi, S., Mawson, S., Wright, P., Mountain, G. (2009). Self-management of stroke supported by assistive technology. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Virtual Rehabilitation.
• Torsi, S., Nasr, N., Wright, P., Mawson, S., Mountain, G. (2009). User-centred design for supporting the self-management of chronic illnesses: an interdisciplinary approach. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Pervasive Technologies related to Assistive Environment.
• Ball, L., Nasr, N. (2010). A qualitative exploration of a health trainer programme in two UK Primary Care Trusts. Perspectives in Public Health. Vol. 131, No. 1: 24-31.
• Nasr, N., Mawson, S., Wright, P., Torsi, S., Mountain, G. (2010). Technology solutions for the self-management of rehabilitation activities following a stroke. International conference on Support of Self-management of Health, May 2010, Stirling, UK.
• Nasr, N., Mawson, S., Mountain, G. (2010). Technology-directed mode of self-management following a stroke: a user-engagement approach. International Conference in Ageing, Disability and Independence. Newcastle, UK, September 2010.
• Prange, G.B., Hermens, H.J., Schafer, J., Nasr, N., Mountain, G., Stienen, A.H.A., Amirabdollahian, F. (2012). SCRIPT: Tele-robotics at Home. Functional Architecture and Clinical Application. Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on e-Health Services and Technologies and the Third International Conference on Green IT Solutions. pp. 58-63
• Prange, G.B., Nijenhuis, S., Sale, P., Cesario, A., Nasr, N., Mountain, G., Amirabdollahian, F. and Buurke, J. (2014). Preliminary findings of feasibility and compliance of technology-supported distal arm training at home after stroke. The International Conference on NeuroRehabilitation (ICNR). 24-26 June Aalborg
• Ates, S., Leon, B., Basteris, A., Nijenhuis, S., Nasr, N., Cesario, A., Amirabdollahian, F., Stienen, A.H.A. (2014). Technical Evaluation of and Clinical Experiences with the SCRIPT Passive Wrist and Hand Orthosis. IEEE IES HSI14
• Amirabdollahian, F., Ates, S., Basteris, A., Cesario, A., Buurke, J., Hermens, H., Hofs, D., Johansson, E., Mountain, G., Nasr, N., Nijenhuis, S., Prange, G., Rahman, N., Sale, P., Schätzlein, F., van Schooten, B., Stienen, A. (2014). Design, development and deployment of a hand/wrist exoskeleton for home-based rehabilitation after stroke - SCRIPT project. Robotica, 32, Special Issue 08: 1331-1346
Nasrin is based in the Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology group, Health Services Research.