Anthea Sutton BA (Hons), MA, MCLIP
Information Resources Group Manager
University of Sheffield,
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 0775
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
Following a Masters in Librarianship at The University of Sheffield, I joined ScHARR initially as a temporary research assistant on the Trent Evaluation project on library and information services for NHS staff. In December 2002, I became an Information Specialist in the Information Resources Group.
e-Learning; systematic literature searching; review methods
I jointly co-ordinate a module for PhD and Masters students on Systematically Reviewing the Research Literature. I have a keen interest in e-learning and have worked on an online CPD programme for library and information professionals (FOLIO) since 2004. My other teaching interests lie in information skills training and the most effective ways of delivering this.
I am the reviews editor for Health Information and Libraries Journal.
Health Economics and Decision Science
Author - Anthea Sutton
Page last updated 28 August 2015
- Jarvis D, Mooney C, Cohen J, Papaioannou D, Bradburn M, Sutton A & Griffiths PD (2016) A systematic review and meta-analysis to determine the contribution of mr imaging to the diagnosis of foetal brain abnormalities In Utero.. European Radiology. View this article in WRRO
- Sutton A (2016) Transforming your service: the right evidence at the right time and place.. Health Info Libr J. View this article in WRRO
- Sammy IA, Lecky FE, Sutton A, Leaviss J & O'Cathain A (2016) Factors Affecting Mortality in Older Trauma Patients - A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Injury. View this article in WRRO
- Sutton A, Booth A & Evans P (2013) "Ask, acquire, appraise": A study of lis practitioners participating in an EBLIP continuing education course. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 8(2), 200-213.
- Boote JD, Baird W & Sutton A (2012) Involving the public in systematic reviews: a narrative review of organisational approaches and eight case examples.. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 1(5), 409-420.
- Grant MJ & Sutton A (2011) Using and writing reviews to inform your practice.. Health Info Libr J, 28(1), 1-2.
- Sutton A & Booth A (2011) What type of leader am I?: A training needs analysis of health library and information managers. Health Information and Libraries Journal.
- Sutton A & Grant MJ (2011) Cost-effective ways of delivering enquiry services: A rapid review. Health Information and Libraries Journal, 28(4), 249-255.
- Boote J, Baird W & Sutton A (2011) Public involvement in the systematic review process in health and social care: A narrative review of case examples. Health Policy, 102(2-3), 105-116.
- Boote J, Baird W & Sutton A (2011) Public involvement in the design and conduct of clinical trials: A review. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 5(11), 91-111.
- Papaioannou D, Sutton A, Carroll C, Booth A & Wong R (2010) Literature searching for social science systematic reviews: consideration of a range of search techniques. HEALTH INFO LIBR J, 27(2), 114-122.
- Booth A, Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Sutton A & Wong R (2009) Applying findings from a systematic review of workplace-based e-learning: implications for health information professionals.. Health Info Libr J, 26(1), 4-21.
- Carroll C, Booth A, Papaioannou D, Sutton A & Wong R (2009) UK health-care professionals' experience of on-line learning techniques: a systematic review of qualitative data.. J Contin Educ Health Prof, 29(4), 235-241.