Anthea Sutton BA (Hons), MA, MCLIP
Information Resources Group Manager
University of Sheffield,
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 0775
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
Following a Masters in Librarianship at The University of Sheffield, I joined ScHARR initially as a temporary research assistant on the Trent Evaluation project on library and information services for NHS staff. In December 2002, I became an Information Specialist in the Information Resources Group, and Information Resources Group Manager in 2014.
systematic literature searching; review methods; systematic review tools; workforce development; leadership
I have worked on an online CPD programme for library and information professionals (FOLIO) since 2004. My other teaching interests lie in systematically reviewing the research literature, and I have previously taught a module and short courses on this topic.
I am the review editor for Health Information and Libraries Journal and a member of the Knowledge for Healthcare Workforce Development group.
Health Economics and Decision Science
Author - Anthea Sutton
Page last updated 25 April 2017
- Jarvis D, Mooney C, Cohen J, Papaioannou D, Bradburn M, Sutton A & Griffiths PD (2017) A systematic review and meta-analysis to determine the contribution of mr imaging to the diagnosis of foetal brain abnormalities In Utero. European Radiology, 27(6), 2367-2380. View this article in WRRO
- Sutton A (2016) Transforming your service: the right evidence at the right time and place.. Health Info Libr J. View this article in WRRO
- Sammy IA, Lecky FE, Sutton A, Leaviss J & O'Cathain A (2016) Factors affecting mortality in older trauma patients—A systematic review and meta-analysis. Injury, 47(6), 1170-1183. View this article in WRRO
- Sutton A, Booth A & Evans P (2013) "Ask, acquire, appraise": A study of lis practitioners participating in an EBLIP continuing education course. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 8(2), 200-213.
- Boote JD, Baird W & Sutton A (2012) Involving the public in systematic reviews: a narrative review of organisational approaches and eight case examples.. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 1(5), 409-420.
- Grant MJ & Sutton A (2011) Using and writing reviews to inform your practice.. Health Info Libr J, 28(1), 1-2.
- Boote J, Baird W & Sutton A (2011) Public involvement in the systematic review process in health and social care: A narrative review of case examples. Health Policy, 102(2-3), 105-116.
- Sutton A & Grant MJ (2011) Cost-effective ways of delivering enquiry services: A rapid review. Health Information and Libraries Journal, 28(4), 249-255.
- Sutton A & Booth A (2011) What type of leader am I?: A training needs analysis of health library and information managers. Health Information and Libraries Journal.
- Boote J, Baird W & Sutton A (2011) Public involvement in the design and conduct of clinical trials: A review. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 5(11), 91-111.
- Papaioannou D, Sutton A, Carroll C, Booth A & Wong R (2010) Literature searching for social science systematic reviews: consideration of a range of search techniques. HEALTH INFO LIBR J, 27(2), 114-122.
- Booth A, Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Sutton A & Wong R (2009) Applying findings from a systematic review of workplace-based e-learning: implications for health information professionals.. Health Info Libr J, 26(1), 4-21.
- Carroll C, Booth A, Papaioannou D, Sutton A & Wong R (2009) UK health-care professionals' experience of on-line learning techniques: a systematic review of qualitative data.. J Contin Educ Health Prof, 29(4), 235-241.