Anthea Sutton BA (Hons), MA, MCLIP
Information Resources Group Manager
University of Sheffield,
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 0775
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
Following a Masters in Librarianship at The University of Sheffield, I joined ScHARR initially as a temporary research assistant on the Trent Evaluation project on library and information services for NHS staff. I subsequently became an Information Specialist in the Information Resources Group, and Information Resources Group Manager in 2014.
systematic literature searching; review methods; systematic review tools; workforce development; leadership
I manage the design and delivery of an online CPD programme for library and information professionals (FOLIO) which has run courses in the UK and Australia. My other teaching interests lie in systematically reviewing the research literature, and I jointly co-ordinate a module on this topic (HAR6029).
I am the review editor for Health Information and Libraries Journal and a member of the Knowledge for Healthcare Workforce Development group.
Health Economics and Decision Science
Author - Anthea Sutton
Page last updated 13 February 2019
- Booth A, Sutton A & Papaioannou D (2016) Systematic Approaches to a Successful Literature Review. London: SAGE Publications. View this article in WRRO
- Jayes M, Palmer R, Enderby P & Sutton A (2019) How do health and social care professionals in England and Wales assess mental capacity? A literature review. Disability and Rehabilitation. View this article in WRRO
- Baxter SK, Johnson M, Chambers D, Sutton A, Goyder E & Booth A (2018) Understanding new models of integrated care in developed countries: a systematic review. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(29). View this article in WRRO
- Sutton AJ, Galvan De La Cruz MC, Leaviss J & Booth A (2017) Searching for trial protocols: A comparison of methods. Research Synthesis Methods. View this article in WRRO
- Sutton A (2016) Transforming your service: the right evidence at the right time and place. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 33(4), 343-345. View this article in WRRO
- Sutton A, Booth A & Evans P (2013) "Ask, acquire, appraise": A study of lis practitioners participating in an EBLIP continuing education course. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 8(2), 200-213. View this article in WRRO
- Boote JD, Baird W & Sutton A (2012) Involving the public in systematic reviews: a narrative review of organisational approaches and eight case examples.. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 1(5), 409-420.
- Sutton A & Booth A (2011) What type of leader am I?: A training needs analysis of health library and information managers. Health Information and Libraries Journal.