Neda Milevska-Kostova MSc (Tokyo, Japan), MPPM (Pittsburgh, USA), BSc (Skopje, Macedonia)
School of Health and Related Research
30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I graduated with an MSc degree in Functional Pharmaceutics at the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan in 2002. In 2005 I graduated from the Public Policy and Management programme (MPPM) at the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (GSPIA) at the University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
In May 2008 I joined the Phil/PhD degree program at ScHARR as a part-time remote location student, and successfully upgraded from MPhil to PhD in May 2010.
I am currently working as Executive Director at the Centre for Regional Policy Research and Cooperation "Studiorum" (CRPRC), predominantly in the field of public health policy and healthcare sector reforms in Macedonia and countries of South-Eastern Europe.
Research interests include patients´ rights, patient safety, public-private partnerships in healthcare, health insurance and decentralization of the healthcare services. I am actively involved in the preparation of the Macedonian legislation on patients´ rights and other healthcare-related regulations, and have published a number of articles in this area. Previous and current research/consultancy were commissioned by Ministry of Health, GFATM, OSI-Europe, UNICEF, WHO, JBIC, JICA, FOSIM, OSI-Budapest and NALAS.
My PhD thesis is in the field of health policy/economics of pharmaceuticals with the working title "Effects of policy changes in prescription regulation on the prescription volumes, practices and attitudes towards prescribing in the primary healthcare in Macedonia".
Scientific papers and book chapters:
- Milevska-Kostova N. (2010). Healthcare reforms – privatization of primary healthcare and other models for improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the use of healthcare resources. Revija za socijalna politika no. 5, June 2010 (accepted, in print).
- Bislimovska-Karadzinska J, Dabovik J, Krusarovska N., Milevska-Kostova N, Cicevalieva S, Cakar Z. (2010). “Human Rights in Healthcare: Practitioners Guide - Macedonia”, Skopje: Medicinski fakultet and CRPRC Studiorum.
- Milevska-Kostova N., Dunn W.N., Chichevaliev F. (2009). Patient Safety in the Republic of Macedonia: Legislative and policy aspects, Journal for European Issues ‘Evrodijalog’ 11:87-106
- Milevska-Kostova N., Dunn W.N. (2009). Delphi Analysis, in Kovacic L. Zaletel-Kragelj L. (eds). “Methods and tools in public health”, Lage, Germany: Hans Jacobs
- Milevska-Kostova N., Donev D. (2008). Socio-medical and ethical dimensions of the health practice, in Kovacic L. Zaletel-Kragelj L. (eds). “Management of Healthcare practice: A Handbook for Teachers, Researchers and Health Professionals”, Lage, Germany: Hans Jacobs
- Milevska-Kostova N., Stikova E., Donev D. (2008). “Health policy analysis and development” in Kovacic L. Zaletel-Kragelj L. (eds). “Management of Healthcare practice: A Handbook for Teachers, Researchers and Health Professionals”, Lage, Germany: Hans Jacobs.
- Milevska-Kostova, N. (2006). “Patients’ Rights in Southeast Europe”, ICFAI Journal of Healthcare Law, ICFAI Press, Hyderabad, India.
- Karadzinska-Bislimovska, J., Gjorgjev, D., Kendrovski, V., Kochubovski, M., Milevska-Kostova, N., Popovska-Jovanovska, K., Spasovski, M., Stikova, E., Tausanova, B., Tozija, F. (2006). “Dictionary of Public Health”, Faculty of Medicine – Skopje (in Macedonian).
- Milevska, N. (2005). The Patients’ Rights in Macedonia through the light of EU Health Forum recommendations. Journal for European Issues ‘Evrodijalog’ 8:113-32.
- Milevska, N. (2003). The Challenges of the Public Health in Europe. Journal for European Issues ‘Evrodijalog’ 5:121-37.
- Milevska-Kostova N., Eminovska E. “Situation of the Roma population in Macedonia: Housing and Health”, Advocacy report, Mesecina and USAID, January 2008.
- Milevska-Kostova N., Popova M., Serdiuk V., Kosheleva K. “Patient Safety in Eastern Europe and Asia: Baselines and Advances”, publication under International Initiative of European and Asian Organizations for Patient Safety, September 2008
- Atanasova V. Milevska-Kostova N. Marku B. “Mechanisms and best practices of cooperation of local government units with CSOs”, MCIC, Skopje, December 2007.
- Milevska-Kostova N. “Patient Safety - How safe can we make it?”, 17th Congress of Medical Doctors of Macedonia, Ohrid, Macedonia October, 10-13, 2007.
- Group of authors “How can the Global Fund Improve the Roma Health”, OSI Budapest, September 2007.
- Milevska-Kostova N., Stikova E., “Public-Private Partnerships for improved health access”, free communication paper, Geneva Forum 2006, Geneva, Aug, 2006.
- Milevska-Kostova N. “EU Health Security Programmes - Cooperation for Preparedness and Response towards NBCR Agents”, NATO Advanced Study Institute, Drexel University, Philadelphia and Skopje University, Skopje June 19-29, 2006
- Milevska-Kostova N. “Public-Private Partnerships in Biomedical Research”, Conference Paper, Regional Health Conference “Balkan Medicine Towards FP7”, Bucharest, 2006.
- Milevska, N. Biological Characterization and Tissue Distribution of human and murine EPP (Epithelin Precursor). Laboratory of Health Chemistry, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Master Thesis, 2002.
- Shibata, N., Milevska, N. Analysis of SPF family molecules, which regulate cholesterol biosynthesis. Presentation at the 74-th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Biochemical Society, October 2001, Kyoto, Japan.
- Milevska, N. Tissue distribution of Epithelin/granulin precursor (EPP), a growth regulatory protein. Presentation at the 60-th Annual Meeting of Japanese Cancer Association, September 2001, Yokohama, Japan.
- Milevska, N. Formulation and biodistribution of [99mTc]-Sulfur Colloid in diagnostic purposes. Faculty of Pharmacy and Institute for Nuclear Medicine, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, Dissertation 1998