The University of Sheffield
NIHR School for Public Health Research (SPHR)
School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR)
Section of Public Health
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 2030, 2nd Floor, Regent Court
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 0741
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 0749
I joined ScHARR in May 2015 as Communications Officer for the NIHR School for Public Health Research (SPHR), a £20m five year funded programme in partnership with eight academic institutions, which launched in April 2012.
I have worked for the University of Sheffield's Department of Materials Science and Engineering since 2011 as Marketing and Administration Officer at the Mercury Centre for Innovative Materials and Manufacturing, a position I continue to fulfill alongside my role at the NIHR SPHR.
My role at the NIHR SPHR is to implement and evaluate the school's Communications Strategy, liaising with a broad range of stakeholders across the school's partner institutions and external partners, to promote the work of the school.
My main duties are:
- Developing and maintaining key communication channels within the School and external stakeholders, including newsletters, website and social media.
- Working with colleagues to generate ideas, collate, organise and develop material for inclusion in a range of external and internal communications campaigns.
- Identifying opportunities to maximise the School's exposure including drafting press releases and working with press officers.
- Responsibility for creating and managing content on the SPHR website ensuring continuous review and updating of content.
- Working with web developers and SPHR colleagues to create websites for the School's three major research programmes.
- Working with SPHR colleagues to develop and manage the School's social media profile.
- Leading communications activity around the SPHR Annual Scientific Meeting and other events.
- Co-ordinating and chairing a SPHR Communications Working Group with counterparts from across the School, providing a forum to share information and ensure consistency of approach.
- Acting as a point of contact to the wider SPHR network, providing communications advice, guidance and support.
- Liaison with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and Department of Health R & D Communications Team around adherence to identity guidelines and attending cross-NIHR communications leads teleconferences.