Changing Degrees

If things are not going well with your course, you may consider changing your degree programme.

You should discuss your proposed course of action with the Director of Taught Postgraduate (TPG) Studies. Please remember that Director of TPG Studies is available to discuss in strict confidence any difficulties you may be having with your course.

If you are hoping to change degrees then you should:

  1. Speak to the Director of TPG Studies
  2. Speak to the department whose degree you are hoping to join, to see whether the change is possible. If you are transferring to different degree within SEAS, you will need to discuss this with the Director of TPG Studies.
  3. If the change is agreed, you should complete a Change of Status Form available from either the SEAS reception or!/file/COP_Form.pdf
  4. Once you have completed the form, the Director of TPG Studies and your new department(s) (if applicable) will need to sign your form to approve the change.

Further advice can be found via the following websites

Coping with Academic Pressures
Change of Status