The University of Sheffield will provide you with a digital Transcript of your results in early December [insert ‘of your final year’ if the course spans more than one academic session], via the secure online Sheffield Authorised Records (ShARe) system.
You will continue to have access to ShARe after you leave the University, and you will be able to use ShARe to give other people (e.g. employers) permission to view your Transcript as well, in order to provide official evidence of your postgraduate achievements.
No action is required on your part in order to receive your Transcript, but you in order to log in to ShARe you need to find out your HUSID (HESA Unique Student Identifier) number, which will be your ShARe User ID. To find your HUSID, log in to MUSE and go to My Services > myRecord > Personal Details.
As soon as your Transcript has been issued to you, a notification email will be sent to your University of Sheffield email address. The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide you with a link to log in to ShARe to view your document.
Once your Transcript has been issued you will need to:
- Go to the ShARe system
- Log in by entering your HUSID (find this in My Services > myRecord > Personal Details) and your Password (this is your University Registration Number, which will find in the same place as your HUSID and on your UCard)
- If your final result is Fail (Final), go to the Information Points section at the end of your transcript, click on the link to information about resitting (point 4), and follow the instructions. Remember that you may resit modules on one occasion only.
- If your final result is Not Assessed (Final), go to the Information Points section at the end of your transcript, click on the link to information about resitting (point 4), and follow the instructions. These will tell you how to enter for assessment for your modules which have not been assessed.
- If you have been awarded a Postgraduate Certificate, please request your certificate using the online form
- When you first log in you should also change your password to something more personal than your Registration Number, and change your email to an account that you will continue to use after graduation (you can update these details by going to ‘Settings’ in ShARe).
We do not expect that you will need an official paper version of your Transcript. However, should you require an official paper copy for exceptional circumstances (e.g. regulatory purposes), you can order one via SSiD
If you have not completed your studies when your Transcript is issued, it will be updated again once you finish your course.
For more information about ShARe, including instructions (with screenshots) for sharing your Transcript, visit this page and click on ‘Information for Students’.
If the ShARe web page does not answer your question, please email email@example.com.