Lecture Capture (Encore)
Some SEAS modules use Encore (lecture capture) to record the presentations and the lecturer’s words so that you can revisit the lectures later. Not all lectures, and not all sessions within modules are recorded. This is due to a variety of reasons, e.g.: the nature of the session; the sensitive nature of the content; the use of unpublished research. In particular, no SEAS language classes are recorded. Check the module outline for individual modules to find out what is and is not being recorded.
Remember, when lecture captures are available, it is important that you use them effectively as a supplement to enhance your learning, rather than as a replacement for attendance and participation in classes. Below are five key pieces of advice:
- Attend lectures – students who attend tend to get better grades.
- Use the captures to supplement your studies. Dip into the parts you need to enhance your knowledge and understanding.
- Don’t wait until a few days before the examination to use the captures. Space your learning throughout the semester to enhance your knowledge and understanding.
- Don’t binge watch! Again, spacing your learning across the semester is a more effective approach.
- Watch at normal speed (if you speed the recording up you might miss key information).