The transition to life at university can be challenging and demanding, but it is also exciting and represents a great achievement which you should be proud of.
The experience is different for everyone:
- You might be the first in your family to go to university.
- You might be returning to education after some years.
- You might be the only one of your group of friends to be coming to Sheffield.
- You may be an Erasmus or Study Abroad student here for a short period of time.
- You might be coming from another country and wondering how you are going to react to all the new experiences in store for you.
Whatever background you arrive from, we want you to make the most of your first year at university and enjoy your time here.
Mentors are volunteer undergraduate students who have undergone training to equip them for the role. They are normally matched with a small group of year 1 students (the mentees) from their own department, and, if possible, from the same course.
Further information on the University Mentoring Scheme can be found here.