Thinking of leaving or need time out?

If you’re thinking of leaving University or think that you may need time away, come and speak to your personal tutor. Alternatively, you can email your personal tutor and arrange a meeting either in person or by phone. Your personal tutor can talk to you about the different options available to you and offer support. In some cases, you may be referred to the Senior Tutor to provide you with extra support.

Leave of Absence

After discussing your options with your personal tutor you may find that taking time out is the best option for you. This is called a Leave of Absence; it normally means having a year away from University, either returning at the start of semester 1 or 2.

You may take Leave of Absence for personal, medical, financial or academic reasons, but it is not granted automatically; the Taught Programmes Office makes the final approval.

You can find more information here

Withdrawing from the University

If you decide that you definitely don’t want to stay at the University of Sheffield then you can choose to withdraw. You can find more information on withdrawing at:

If you have any questions please do get in touch with your personal tutor, the degree tutors or Dr Zhong Zhang (Undergraduate Studies Senior Tutor).