Mr Mark Steele - Departmental Manager
Mark joined the University of Sheffield in 1987 working in the Finance Department – Research Grants and Contracts Section and its various incarnations. In 1996 he moved to the role of Administrator of both the Institute of Work Psychology and its ESRC Research Centre for Organization and Innovation (COI). Following twelve happy and successful years in IWP, in the summer of 2009 Mark was invited to take on a new position as Departmental Manager in the School of East Asian Studies.
As Departmental Manager it is Mark’s job is to manage all administrative aspects of the department in conjunction with the Head of Department and the School Executive. This varied role includes management and leadership of all support staff in the School as well as:
• Financial management and budget planning
• Workload allocation framework
• Departmental strategic and operational plans
• Staff recruitment and induction
• Resource planning and deployment
• Externally-funded research activities (including URMS)
• Support for the REF process.
Mark is a member of the School Executive, REF Team and Promotions Committee. He is also a member of the Faculty Managers Group.