Q-Step Scholarship Scheme
We are please to offer scholarships to study our MA in Social Research. We have six scholarships worth £6000 to cover your fees, and one fully funded scholarship to cover fees and salary allowance worth £21,500.
The scholarships are open to final year undergraduate students from any Q-Step programme across the UK and want to continue their quantitative methods study with us on our MA in Social Research
The scheme is part of the Sheffield Methods Institute's commitment, as part of the nationwide Q-Step programme, to promote a step-change in quantitative methods training for social science students.
MA Social Research
The Sheffield Methods Institute are offering six fees-only scholarships for £6000 and one fully funded scholarship for £21,500 for final year undergraduate students on a Q-Step accredited programme. The scholarships will fund the student taking the MA in Social Research at The Sheffield Methods Institute starting in September 2018.
- Students must be studying at one of the 15 Q-Step centres and 3 Affiliates in the UK and have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 degree classification.
- Students must take a quantitative focus to the MA Social Research and complete the following modules; Introduction to Quantitative Methods and Advanced Quantitative Methods and complete a dissertation using quantitative methods.
- Students must have UK home student status.
- Students should indicate on the Postgraduate Application Form in their personal statement that they wish to be considered for the scholarship scheme.
- Awarding the scholarships will be based on academic ability through your application form and personal statement, and a commitment to quantitative methods demonstrated through examples of previous work attached to your application.
How to apply
- Students should apply using the Postgraduate Application Form and include your 'selection criteria' in your personal statement.
- Students who have already applied to the MA in Social Research and wish to be considered for this scholarship scheme should contact email@example.com.
- The closing date for applications is 1st June 2018.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.